Alfred Hitchcock's character, Norman Bates, is a merciless killer gone crazy. In which movie did Anthony Perki

Alfred Hitchcock's character, Norman Bates, is a merciless killer gone crazy. In which movie did Anthony Perkins take a stab at playing Mr. Bates?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

PSYCHO WORKS FOR THE RADIO TRIVIA!

a20

• 1 decade ago

While "Psycho" is based on Robert Bloch's novella, the movie is really very different. The novella is short and focussed almost entirely on the killer. If I remember correctly, the movie adds a whole subplot that's not in the book by introducing Marian Crane, Sam, Lila, and Arbogast.

It's been a very long time since I read Bloch's novella, but I remember being really disappointed by it, especially after seeing the movie.

Also, I don;t know if I would characterize Norma Bates as merciless.... Though of course his actions were not defensible, he is a product of a mother who let her own psychological issues affect her childrearing, with tragic results for all involved.

• 1 decade ago

Psycho

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Psycho

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Psycho

• kmart
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Psycho

• 1 decade ago

Psycho

• lilewu
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Psycho

• 1 decade ago

Psycho, 1960

• 1 decade ago

Psycho Works for radio trivia

• 1 decade ago

Psycho was the Hitchcock movie. 1960, I think but not sure.

The Bates character was loosely based on Ed Gein aka "The Plainfield Ghoul".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.