What is a 'classiomatic'? -From the Duran Duran Song?

The Chauffeur by Duran Duran have the lyrics;

'theres more to this kind of camouflage

more than just colour and shape

whos going now, in to a classiomatic?'

At first I though a classiomatic was some type of car, but it seems it isn't. Anyone have any idea? Perhaps it's a UK term?

Favorite Answer

I think its:

a noble robot..

an automated servant...

No-faced uppercrustness...

This is a made up word...a joining of two words to make a new word and meaning - classic + automatic = classiomatic (instant or automatic classic).

The reference in the song if you look at the lyrics: "...there is more to this...camouflage..., more than...colour and shape..." - the relationship and personality starts different and new, but in the end is just like the rest - classic/classic case or it can be interpreted that the relationship is so different that it becomes an instant classic example of what should be.

In the end...the artist (I love Duran Duran too) intention is for you to draw your own conclusions and form your own opinion of their works. What does classiomatic mean to you? If you vision a car than it is a car. The song is what you make it - this is your interpretation.

Great question!!

The words are actually sampled from an old nature recording about studying different types of bugs hiding in the grass. The actual words being said are... 'What's crawling now in the long grass near my tent'. Not long before this is another sample from the same recording which says... 'There's more to this kind of camouflage... more than just color and shape'.

I <3 Duran Duran too. It's put in there because it sounds sorta exotic and classy. Poetic licence I guess