Christians say that the Quran has many evil verses so it can't be divinely inspired?

Christians say that the Quran tells believers to kill those who don't follow their religion and so on.

And if you're going to say that their Bible also have evil verses, they will say that Jesus already fulfilled the old laws and that Christians don't live by the Old Testament anymore. Therefore all those evil verses in the Old Testament doesn't apply to them anymore.

Best Answer

Is there a question in there somewhere?

• Beng T

Muslims and Christians (and even within Christians there are differences) have different views on how holy books are inspired and how they should be interpreted. Those are the more important questions to settle first. Before you decide whether a verse is evil or good, you first need to understand what it means, why it was given, how it is intended to be applied to the way we live our life, and how it relates to the moral or ethical teachings of the religion.

As for those Christians who say "Jesus already fulfilled the old laws and that Christians don't live by the Old Testament anymore. Therefore all those evil verses in the Old Testament doesn't apply to them anymore", I would ask them: What if they were living in Old Testament times before Jesus? Would they then be following "evil verses"? What kind of God gives people evil verses to follow? Frankly i don't think that is a logical way to deal with the issue.

It is hard to discuss this without examples, can you give some examples of what the "evil verses" in the Quran or Bible are?

Evil Quran Verses

Is The Quran Evil

Both holy books are about a god made in the flawed image of men. A great god doesn't need a blood sacrifice or submission, he/she/it (if it exists) couldn't give a crap. And half the Quran is about going against Christians. Why is the only "true" book on the planet about that? Who gives a crap about what some sect believes? Why isn't it specifically against the Hindus? Do you see how small the Quran really is? Same goes for the OT. NT is more global but also seriously flawed, even more than the others.

I would suggest that you read the Quran, you will be surprised, you will find that it differs very little from the Christian bible, many of the stories in the bible are in it, virtually word for word.

I do not have an axe to grind either way, I am an Atheist.

There are no more evil verses in the Quran, than the bibles of any other religion, like most things in the world, it is how you choose to interpret them.

Night Lover;

You have obviously not read the Quran, such ramblings as yours do nothing to inspire any confidence in your sanity.

No amount of good ideas contained in an ancient text can prove that it is perfect.

However, a single bad idea does prove that it is not.

The calls for violence against non-believers which are found in the Bible, Torah, and Koran prove that none of them are the perfect word of God.

Hi there,

Just to add something,

Is there any challenge or challenges (verses) in the Bible to prove to Non Christian, that the Bible is the Man aspire by God, the same type of challenges as in the Quran?

Peace

htw_guy

[Quran 36:22-36:27

"And why should I not worship Him (Allah Alone) Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned. "Shall I take besides Him aliha (gods), if the Most Beneficent (Allah) intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoever, nor can they save me? "Then verily, I should be in plain error. "Verily! I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me!" It was said (to him when the disbelievers killed him): "Enter Paradise." He said: "Would that my people knew! "That my Lord (Allah) has forgiven me, and made me of the honoured ones!"]

Trying to Understanding the Christianity

Iraq is this your definition of love?

Afghanistan is this your definition of love?

Sudan is this your definition of love?

Palestine is this your definition of love?

Vietnam is this your definition of love?

Soviet Union is this your definition of love?

Japan is this your definition of love?

All those and more and you talking about love you are just in love with massacre and distorting peoples lives.

Feel free to answer.

What is your part in all of these massacres?

Are you a solder or you just toyed by your god?

That is why they do have Christianity in their system just to have a war by that name. Toyed by the Jews and we all know it do this and do that you the one in front and we will watch.

why would all the Jews take a day off when the twin towels got hit with out any warning or any international holyday or something and they put it on Ben Laden just to kill all Muslims and Arabs. love what love. people all what they think of is just money and oil is not theirs

• Jeff E

And your point? Compare the lifes of Jesus and Muhammad and tell me who you would want to follow. I will follow the One we know is in Heaven, Jesus. Muhammad said in Sura 4 Ayat 69, " I am nothing new among the prophets, as for me and my followers I do not know what will happen to us, I am just a plain warner."

hi there. you claim corruption of the bible? you know it is supposed to be the same god as quran god? the bible contains the promise to preserve it's words. you say god was not powerful enough to bring this about? but for your book this time he will keep it? paradox! if god is powerful enough to keep his word, then the bible is not corrupt. but if he is not powerful enough, fooled me last time, not falling for it again, keep away from quran. btw, my stance is that god can keep his word. what say you?