Reliability of text messaging?

I have a friend who often claims that he is not receiving my text messages. I have Sprint, he uses Cingular/AT&T as well as Verizon. I do not seem to have this problem with anyone else, and I was wondering if anyone out there has the same problem.

Could it be his service? or Mine? Or maybe because he lives near the foothills?

Please tell me your thoughts. I often wonder if he's not lying...

Update:

I am actually not really that into text messaging because it is very time consuming. He will send me text after text asking me to answer his texts. It gets extremely frustrating since I will send a reply, which according to him, he never receives. I am getting to the point where I don't want to text him at all.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He is lying. Text messages always go through is they say they do. If the message says "sent" it is sent and should get to him. Now I can admit, I've sent text messages and sometimes they get there as late as the next day but they ALWAYS get there. Hope I helped! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe he just does not want to deal with your text messages all the time. Not everyone wants to spend half their life punching out text mesages. I know I certainly don't; seems like a real time waster. Maybe he just is not into text messaging like you are.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He's either lying or does not want to receive text messages from you.

• 1 decade ago

some people dont have text enabled on their plan. maybe hes telling you he does and he really doesnt have it enabled?

or maybe he just doesnt know?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.