HELP!!! Can someone explain conjunction and disjunction inequalities in algebra? I really don't understand.

In algebra there are different types of inqualities like conjunctions and disconjunctions. I understand that a conjunction inequalities is when both statements have to be true and in disconjunction inequalities only one statement has to be true. What I do not understand is the "special situations" when a... show more In algebra there are different types of inqualities like conjunctions and disconjunctions. I understand that a conjunction inequalities is when both statements have to be true and in disconjunction inequalities only one statement has to be true. What I do not understand is the "special situations" when a conjunction inequality has no solution or the answer is all real numbers. Can someone please explain this to me?? Thanks.
Update: *I meant to type disjunction, not disconjunction. woops.