Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

Music Room Decorating Ideas...?

I'm 14 years old, and I'm moving into a new house. It's still being buit right now, but we'll move in next month. Me and my sister convinced my parents to give us the guest bedroom as our music room. I play electric guitar (and hopefully acoustic one day), flute, piano, and I have a keyboard, too. And my sister's gonna get a drumset and she plays french horn. So that room will be used to play our instruments and stuff. I was just wondering what you think would be a cute layout of the room. The main objects would be the drumset, piano, and keyboard. I also have 2 guitars, and I was wondering if I should display them on guitar stands instead of putting them in the cases. Please give me tips on the layout of the room! Also, I was wondering how we could decorate it to make it look cooler. We're not allowed to paint the walls, but is there any way we can

...make it more than just an empty room with plain white walls? Any tips and help would be appreciated!!

Favorite Answer

put lots of posters of musicians on the walls. maybe a nice lighting fixture. and get some strobe and blacklights for fun. good luck!

Not much you can do if you can't paint the walls, but i have some ideas!

Well for the walls you can put up shelfs to put cds or tiny little music objects you can get from clairs. You can also put up you music like if you wrote a song, put it on the wall! Kind of like the wall of FAME or something. Pictures of you playing your instraments would be cool so, put the pictures on construction paper and color it, (but, your 14 so i don't know if you'll want to do that)

for the room set up:

i would put the keyboard in a corner, and a local furniture shops you can buy cool mats like all black or get it costumized ti say your name, get two of those and place them in each corner one for the keyboard and one fo rthe drumset. you should definatly put the guitar in the middle of the room but on the wall, out of the case. the flute and other things on each side of it. THen you can get a cool black loveseat or couch facing all the instruments like if you were to put on a show. Also get bean bag chairs to really put some moderness in it!

Thats all hope it helps!

Good Luck!

• Judith

Might be a good idea to make the decor not TOO "busy. Who were/are the musicians that made you want to try these instruments? Who are the great players/composers that keep you interested in music? Can you get pictures of these people? Have you got pictures of you playing with friends or at events you really enjoyed? Whoever you get pictures of, can you get a brief biography of them? Put pics on wall, keep bios in file, or notebook on shelf. Baskets sound good for the small bits. With the pic system, you might get to vary the surroundings occasionally by adding or altering who's there. If you get note stencils can you get staff/clef stencils? But if music is going on in the room, & there's a need for concentration, don't do TOO much decorating. Colors for stencils should be various & what appeals to you. Background should be plain, calm monotone, but maybe a different one for each wall. ctfr

Delia's catalogue has some cute music-themed stuff right now.

Also get some cool posters of bands you like, and feel free to display your guitars.

(Put away the flute, though. Mine has way too many scratches from people knocking over my stand.)

My music teacher's room used to be covered with miscellaneous posters and music advertisements, to the point where you couldn't see any wall. Something like that would make up for you lack of freedom with paint.

If done properly, some old sheet music and guitar chords could look cool on the walls, too.

Have fun.

Source(s): www.delias.com

put posters up, with sticky tack so it wont ruin the walls, having posters of your favorite musicians or bands could make it feel more like a music room. i think you should display your guitars, you would maybe play more cause they're easier to get to, and it looks cool when they're on stands, hah. that must be a pretty big room to fit all those instruments, but if you like to run around when your playing guitar leave the center of the room open and surround it with the instruments.

I say get a music note border from walmart or somewhere and put it in the middle of the wall all around the room/ you can pin it up instead of gluing it so that you wont get in trouble...then get a bunch of photos of you and your sister playing your instruments and blow them up poster size and pin those up too...be your own inspiration...when I play I like to have candle light or dim light to calm down the energy in the room, so maybe hang up some candle fixtures or get some of those candle things that you can set on a table and light, a long table with a nice blue( or whatever color you like) table cloth on it on one of the walls for your paperwork, recorders, or whatever, and Id call it cool...If your parents will let you have hanging lights, that would rock....

That is all

Ok put the drumset in the middle back of the room. Than put the guitars on either side and have a station of the rest of your room.

it all depend on whats your style.

it will be nice if you purchase some old LP's(you know those old black plastic discs) at a thrift store, and hanging at your walls, also try to buy some long neon light cord,and hang your guitars on wall, with a pencil make an outline on the border of your guitars all the way around, then place neon light cord over what you draw, and when you hang your guitars turn regular lights off and turn neon lights on, and you'll see your guitars shining on dark.

color of walls don't matter

is what you place around your room what makes the difference.

umm i would say to get those things to hang your guitars from the wall so they wont fall over and hang up black and white prints of music stuff go to art.com and there is a whole space for music and it is really cheap and good stuff and then just whatever color you guys like that will make you happy and creative while playing and make it comfy with like a big roungd chair or something

Source(s): good luck on learning the acoustic it is way more fun and its easy to teach yourself
  • find some old record covers and posters of ur favorite groups... thumbtack the records to ur wall in a collage. and definately display ur instruments. make a little platform to put the drum set on... make it look like a concert stage.. just some ideas..