"!"
"!" asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 1 decade ago

joke::::Translation Oops?

A friend was lecturing in Latin America. He was going to use a translator, but to identify with his audience, he wanted to begin his talk by saying in Spanish, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." He arrived at the auditorium a little early and realized he did not know the Spanish words for ladies and gentlemen. Being rather resourceful, he went to the part of the building where the restrooms were, looked at the signs on the two doors, and memorized those two words.

When the audience arrived and he was introduced, he stood up and said in Spanish, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen."

The audience was shocked. He didn't know whether he had offended them or perhaps they hadn't heard him or understood him. So he decided to repeat it. Again in Spanish he said, "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen."

One person in the audience began to snicker. Pretty soon the entire audience was laughing. Finally, someone told him that he had said, "Good evening, bathrooms and broom closets!"

Best Answer

its hard work trying to get the audience interested in what your saying at the best of times

starred

Source(s): <(((><

I like it! Have a star!

PS It reminds me of when I was on an Italian ship taking British migrants to Australia, many moons ago. The Ladies and Gents doors were labelled Signoris and Signoras - but since the Brits did not spot the difference, a good number of them were entering the wrong doors. A bit of a free for all.

Brilliant.

I if I may, use that one at this mens club that I have to make speeches at Althougth it has a door marked "Ladies", and the other is not marked, I shall post a sign on the mens door saying Ladies, to throw it all into confusion.

And then use your joke.

Cheers,

Bob.

ahahahahah.that was really funny.

in spanish good evening ladies and gentlemen is

buena tardes senoras y caballeros.

• Deedee

omg too funny so emarrassing for him... I would have been dieing

another star babe

keep them coming

thx for making me laugh

Very good

Buenos dias senorita, mucha, oh! never mind great ones!

That is funny. I'm starring you! But what is the Q? I guess it isn't one. But this is funny.

I like it funny

• haha though how u wud mistake the words i dont no lol STAR*