Should I buy a broken LCD monitor off eBay at a cheap price?

Should I buy a broken LCD monitor from eBay at a much lower price with the hope of getting it successfully refurbished and making it usable again? For example, a Dell 24" retails for around $550, while I can buy the same product on eBay for around $60 total albeit it's announced non-functional. I... show more Should I buy a broken LCD monitor from eBay at a much lower price with the hope of getting it successfully refurbished and making it usable again?

For example, a Dell 24" retails for around $550, while I can buy the same product on eBay for around $60 total albeit it's announced non-functional. I suppose that even giving it to a technician to fix or attempting it on my own will ultimately be cheaper, but am not specifically proficient enough in monitor repair to decide if it's worth my time.

What do you think? If it depends on the description of the technicality, what should I look for?