How to reduce puffiness under your eyes?

every morning in the past week i've woken up to puffy undereyes. considering this is the first week of school i need to know how to reduce the puffiness and FAST!! I am not sure if it is due to allergies but that is what i'm guessing..

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

put cucumber slices on your eyes. I believe they're supposed to reduce puffyness.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Splash your entire face with the coldest water you can stand immediately after you wake up. Use either cold tap water or a mixture of cold water and ice cubes in a large bowl or tub. Splash your face for up to 5 minutes, if possible.

Place slices of cucumber(each approximately 1 /2 inch thick), potatoes, or apple over the puffy eyelids for 10-15 minutes.

Drink lots of water. Puffy eyes often indicate water retention, which you can alleviate by drinking plenty of liquids; this flushes excess salt from your system.

Use an aloe-based eye-soothing gel or cream.

Avoid rubbing eyes.

Wrap pieces of ice in paper towels and place them on your eyelids for a few minutes. The cold will reduce the swelling.

Keep your eye creams in the refrigerator. The cool cream will help reduce your puffy eyes. When applying the cream, gently tap it onto your eyelid with your ring finger, so as to stimulate fluid drainage.

Keep two teaspoons in the refrigerator and when you have an attack of the swollen eyelids; rest them on your eyelids for a minimum of one minute or until they warm up.

Soak cotton-wool pads in a bowl of ice-cold milk and then squeeze most of the liquid out. Place the pads on your eyes and repeat as they warm up for about 15 minutes. This will also brighten the white in your eye.

Dip cotton balls in ice water, and then squeeze the water out. Apply the cotton balls to your eyes for 5-10 minutes.

Place black or chamomile teabags soaked in cold water on your eyelids for 15 minutes. The tannic acid in tea will constrict the blood vessels and reduce inflammation. To accelerate drainage, gently press from the inside corner to the outside corner of the swollen eye.

Apply a hemorrhoid cream to the puffy area around the puffy eye, being EXTREMELY CAREFUL not to get any in your eye.

=)

• 1 decade ago

three things you can do.

cold tea bags that have been soaked in water for a little put them on your eyes for 10 mintues.

cucumbers for about 30 mintues.

put spoons in the frezzer overnight put them on your eyes for 10 mintues.

get more sleep good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This is going to sound odd, but try putting a metal spoon into your freezer. leave it in until its really cold, and place it on your eyes. it works for me!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.