what is the difference between CNC controlled machine and PLC controlled machine?

Want to know the difference between CNC and PLC.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

CNC stands for Computer numeric control, and is usually associated with a lathe or milling operation that requires device position feedback for proper end effector control. This type of device generally is used to perform sequential operations by a preset program.

A PLC or Programmable logic controller ( a.k.a Programmable Controller, PC ) performs a job based on ladder logic. This means when a input condition is met for a given line a output condition is set. These are usually found in applications with conveyor systems, or repetitive tasks that follow one another. Most often the PLC is interfaced to external drive controls or higher power relays to control the process.

Batch/Recipe control in food, plastic, or metal casting processing are common place for PLCs .

Hopper puts one ingredient in, next hopper puts next ingredient in after first, then mixer starts , next burner, then dumped out.

CNC machines can use PLC's within them for things like conveyors, machine doors, part loading, etc..

Both devices are used in a host of applications with PLCs being used almost in every industry known to man.

Although I HATE to use Wiki both of these articles are accurate to my standards and i would recommend them for reading.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what is the difference between CNC controlled machine and PLC controlled machine?

Want to know the difference between CNC and PLC.

Source(s): difference cnc controlled machine plc controlled machine: https://tr.im/2lW9P
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.