Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Why is Tom Hanks such a bad actor?

Poor fools! You actually think he's good? Well, OK. I guess people who don't know good acting and are not very demanding would think he's good.

I wonder who will be the first person to get the bright idea to LIE and say , "Oh yeah, he's great", because that person, even if they're lying, will get 'best answer'. Good Luck! (And Tom Hanks still sucks!).

Correction! I meant, "Oh yeah, Tracy! You're right! He really sucks!". 'Best Answer' goes to that person and you can LIE if you want. I really don't care. He still sucks.

Sorry, folks, but anybody who thinks he's great, truly does not know a thing about acting or good acting, etc. That's OK, though. If you like bad actors, hey, more power to ya'.

• MARS
    Favorite Answer

I don't think that he is that bad. He is not a favorite of mine by any means but there are worse out there such as Keanu Reeves, Nicholas Cage, Paul Walker, Freddie Prinze Jr., David Caruso, etc. I could go on and on with this list but I see what you are saying. I enjoyed a few of his films but I was never in awe of his acting ability. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a bad actor but everyone is entitled to their own opinions right? I can't stand Nicholas Cage and I always come across people who disagree.

how do you mean 'bad"? The back to back Emmy Awards he won, [never done before he did it], or the record breaking 660 million $$$ "Saving Private Ryan" grossed at the box office? -- also never done before.

I'll admit he's been in a dog movie or two -- especially "That Thing You Do" which really sucked. But as an actor, he's one of THE highest paid actors there are.

What I'D like to know is how he has managed to stay married so long, be so popular, yet the paparazzi don't dog his every move. I don't understand THAT ONE at all.

To go from movies like "Big" and "Turner & Hooch" and "Man with One Red Shoe" to ones such as "..Private Ryan" and "Road to Perdition" takes real talent and ability. Plus, when I see Tom Hanks in a movie I don't see Tom-Hanks-playing-a-character, I see the character. I do not see any other character of his either.

Unlike, "cant act", er I mean Keneau Reeves. Sorry, but no matter what movie he is in I still only see Ted [or was he Bill?]

Tom Hanks is a wonderful actor and he has come a long way since "Bosom Buddies". I always watch and enjoy his movies.

Why do you think he is so bad?

Whatever happened to him?

He used to make good movies, comedies & drama, like Castaway, Forest Gump as dramas, now I see him normal actor, I miss his old movies & wish he would be like he used to be & do decent movies, what a shame?

• You must be one of those tween idiots who thinks Muley Cyrus, Zac Efron, etc. are "great" actors. You wouldn't know a good actor if one came up and bit you on the butt.

I cant believe you actually asked this stupid question. What makes you think he is a bad actor?

He is a very good actor, probably one of the best. He has made many different movies and adapts fantastic to each role he plays

OK, IN YOUR OPINION THEN WHO IS A GOOD ACTOR?

Are you high? If so --on what? Hanks rocks!!

He's a brilliant performer who evokes emotion and with each diverse role he takes on he has the ability to completely engross himself into his character.

• Lady D

this man can carry an entire movie all by himself and it's riviting.

I personally don't have any idea of what bad performance you may be referring to - what Bosom Buddies?

well, we are all entitled to our own opinion

be blessed

I didn't know he was a bad actor.