Bad sunburn....ouch!!!(need advice plz)????

i went to the beach today with some friends for almost the whole day. i went into the water first for a while then i sunbathed for hours. believe it or not, i forgot to put on my sunscreen. i was enjoying my time. until i came home, i while i was taking my shower, i felt the burn! then i realized i was red. my face... show more i went to the beach today with some friends for almost the whole day. i went into the water first for a while then i sunbathed for hours. believe it or not, i forgot to put on my sunscreen. i was enjoying my time. until i came home, i while i was taking my shower, i felt the burn! then i realized i was red. my face is even red right now. im in bad pain. i put on some aloe vara gel and it hasnt eased my pain. does anybody have any tips for how to ease sunburn pain???? the only good thing im going to get out of this is a tan...and im not even sure if it was worth it .

advice anybody? Thanks.
Update: i doubt its a second degree burn...im just red and it burns. my mom is checking my back. i dont usually get this burnt because im also careful, but i guess i got careless today.