KJ asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Croyle??? How did this guy get into the league? He was not a standout at Alabama. K.C. Front office moves???

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Tim H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

http://www.rolltide.com/fls/8000/files/football/re...

Brodie Croyle holds the following records at the University of Alabama:

total offense in a career

most yards passing in a season

most yards passing in a career

total offense in a season

most pass attempts in a career

most pass completions in a career

most consecutive passes without an interception

Not a standout? That's hilarious.

Not sure where you get your mis-information.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

He wasn't a standout at Alabama? He was only a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award which is given to the nation's most outstanding college quarterback. Just cuz you never heard of him before he was drafted doesn't mean that he didn't do anything. I watched a few of his college games and he looked really, really good.

Here's the draft analysis on him and the "experts" even said that he would/will be a success in the NFL.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/brod...

• 1 decade ago

Strong arm, a little bit of scrambling ability, leadership skills, and is tough. You know who that reminds me of?

Just about every other washout QB that teams have staked their success on only to have it not pan out. For every Brett Favre there are several guys every year compared to him. And so far every year those guys disappoint.

I don't like the Chiefs front office moves at all. Their success recently was because of a monster offensive line and smart qb play. Unfortunately they have neither this year. Huard is smart, but he just doesn't have the physical ability to carry the team.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oklahoma played Alabama a home & home series and I watched Croyle play us twice. He looked good, and even then the announcers said he had the tools to be a good pro.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Who says you have to be a standout in college to make it in the pros??? anyone ever hear of Jerry Rice? and Joey Harrington was a great college qb but he sucks big u know whats in the pros,,,, leave the guy alone and let him play ,,, he is gonna make mistakes and will get much better

• 1 decade ago

Croyle sucks! When he was at Alabama, they had a championship defense and the offense couldn't score with a $2 whore. So how did he get in the league, well he must sucked someone good because thats the only thing i can think of! If you can't lead an offense in college, how the phuck are you going to do it in the NFL

• 1 decade ago

How was he not a standout? He was one of th better QBs that cameout of the SEC in the 06 draft....perfct for his 3rd round pick

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He has potential. Give the guy a chance. He has a strong arm and more mobility than Trent Green.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Shows you the NFL sucks. College Football is way better.

• KING
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

yea he wasnt but I think his arm strength got it drafted higher than he should have

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.