lehong asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

How much do Pygmy Goats Cost generally?

Best Answer

It depends greatly on where you get them. Buying from an auction is risky and I don't recommend it, (you can bring home all kinds of sicknesses with the animal) but you can find unregistered pygmy goats for as little as $20 at an auction.

If you are just looking for pets, I suggest talking to a reputable Pygmy breeder about buying a pair of unregisted wethers (neutered males). Wethers make great pets and don't have the bad habits that bucks have, plus they have the added bonus of being a lot cheaper than a breedable goat. You can buy wethers from a breeder for $40 - $65. Does and intact bucks will cost quite a bit more, and registered will almost always cost at least double the cost of unregistered. I sell my unregistered doelings for $100 - $125 and my registered doelings for $225 - $350.

Source(s): I raise mini goats.

How Much Are Pygmy Goats

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How much do Pygmy Goats Cost generally?

Source(s): pygmy goats cost generally: https://shortly.im/5VVqB

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/OZJSk

I can't help you with all of your questions, but I'll do what I can. As far as money goes, I'm lost. I can suggest using the highest quality equipment you can find. Diet: There are all sorts of pre-packaged feed from different companies. I've always had good luck with Purina livestock feed. You don't have to use the show goat feed (unless you plan on showing). Some goats don't like pelleted feed and some don't like sweet feed. My guys are fed twice a day. They have full access to a pasture during the day and come in the barn at night. If you don't have a place they can graze or browse, they'll need to be given high quality grass hay. Alfalfa can be too high in fat and protein and if it's not cut at the right time of year, it can cause problems. A brown mineral block is also a good idea. Goats will generally balance their own diet if they can. The only issue with diet is that goats like to browse and will strip any trees they can get to. The dog: Some dogs love hanging out with goats, some can't stand them. The goat may have issues with dogs as well. Both of them can be hurt if they don't get along, so I wouldn't leave them unsupervised. Your dog may get along with people great, but goats can be another story. It will need a friend though. They're very social and will be stressed out if kept by themselves. Training: Goats (like most livestock) are creatures of habit. Staying consistant with your routine will help. Because they can be very bull-headed, training (ie: like a dog) usually doesn't work out well. They would much rather do their own thing. Kids: Just like with dogs, the more they're around them when they're growing up, the more comfortable they'll be. This is personality based though, and not all goats are the same. Breed: There's really only one breed of pygmy goat. They're alot tougher than you think. In the winter, feed them more roughage (hay) and make sure they have good shelter and a heat lamp if needed and in the summer, they need extra water and shade. Gender: Neutered males make better pets than intact males or a female. Without the hormones going up and down, they have a mellower personality. Walking: A good walk everyday similar to one you would do with a dog will help. Having two goats will help too. They'll play and burn off energy that way. Goats can be hard to teach to lead, but just be patient and they'll figure it out. If they're really young, they may flop themselves on the ground and lie there. Just get them back on their feet and keep going. When they plant their feet, keep even pressure on the halter or leash and eventually they'll take a step. Try not to get angry or frustrated. I wouldn't start using a halter or leash until he's used to you. Start by standing outside the pen when you feed him. When he's comfortable with that, stand next to him while he eats. Talk to him in a soft voice and pet him in small amounts. Again, something that just takes time. Shots: Depends on where you live. A vet could tell you that. Call or go by clinics that treat goats and talk to them. It's a good idea to have a vet picked out before you get the goat. Monthly deworming in a good idea wherever you are. Again, ask the vet. Once or twice a year for check ups should be fine, barring an emergency. Names: You can honestly name them whatever you want. I usually wait and see what their personality is. Keeping them in the suburbs depends on your local regulations. You can order a book called "Storey's Guide to Raising Goats". It's an excellent source of information. Good luck and I hope this helps....

Pygmy goats cost anywhere from $100 to about $400 depending on gender and uses for the animal to be bought. For example wethers and unbreed able females run about $100. Also show quality females and males are about $300 to $400.

My pygmy goats vary in price, usually depending on their size (smaller is more desireable), and color. Bucks are usually $35-50, and does $50-75. If they're registered (like my Nigerian Dwarf goats), then bucks are $75-125, and does $100-200, depending on size, color, and breeding. My fainting goats run $50-200, depending on whether they show a full faint or not (all are registered).

• tammy5 years agoReport

Could u tell me where u are located, at I'm looking Iam looking in on buying a pygmy goat for my Granbaby!! If u could please let me no thnx.

looking for cheap a pigmy goat anyone know someone.