How can I finance moving a house instead of building one?

the home owner is going to tear the house down. i have property that I can build on or place the house. I am trying to find out if theres a way to get money such as a construction loan to make this happen.

I should add that the house i plan to move is free...except for the cost of moving it.

Favorite Answer

Why would you want to do that?

Dana

Go to the bank and let a loan officer know your intentions. Believe me they want to make loans.....it is how they get paid. You may want to do a little research first and find out just how much it is going to cost to get the house moved and the new location set up for the house (water well, electricity, sewer, etc.) before you go to the bank. Hope it works out for you.

You could just get a personal loan.

Why don't you take some of the money you were going to use to build the house and pay for it outright?

• nelson

The own loan is seen a shape own loan. The financial company will own loan you adequate money to purchase a chunk of assets and pay for all the form, then the own loan converts right into a common own loan whilst the home is comprehensive. needless to say you would be wanting solid credit and a down fee to qualify. The financial company will additionally desire to work out a needless to say laid out plan of action for the form technique. Self contracting can keep you a ton of money, even though it could additionally be a nightmare the 1st time you do it. I recommend you spend some time on-line learning all the stairs and gaining awareness of related to the errors to sidestep. determine you will get all the needed helps & inspections in a well timed way earlier you start up up. the final element you're able to desire to do is something like getting the form up, just to establish the valuables does not have get entry to to city water pipes and its going to cost you $a hundred,000 to get the water branch to dig up the line and put in new pipes. those are the varieties of nightmares human beings run into, so merely be confident to devise forward. by way of fact the 1st person pronounced, you do no longer could desire to be your guy or woman contractor to get a effective, unique, and correctly geared up domicile. you merely could desire to be careful who you hire by way of fact the final contractor. Its as much as you.

• snwbm

Moving a house can be very expensive. A house near me was moved only 3 lots and it cost $1.5million to move it and the house is small. (it is a historical home)

A larger nicer house could have been built for $80,000

Just take out a mortgage on the house.

if you own the land you are moving the house to you could mortage the land. Otherwise you may need to take a personal loan.

take out a mortgage or second mortgage