How would Jet Li do vs an MMA fighter?

Could Jet Li get in the Octagon and hold his own? Would he whoop ***? Or would he get grounded and pounded?

(Consider vs. a similar sized fighter.)

Best Answer

He'd be useless once he was taken to the ground. His skill set depends on him being on his feet. If someone decided to stand with him though, he might be able to do some damage. Guy's got lightning fast hands and feet. But it's for that same reason that if you stood up with him, you'd be a moron.

Jet Li is not a fighter. You can see martial arts grand masters get beaten up by mma guys. Most traditional martial arts don't work against mma guys because nothing will ever beat real world experience which mma guys have much more of. Due to the fact that sparing is not the same thing as an actual fight. Most martial artists only spar. They really have never bean beaten up, I had practiced traditional martial arts for seven years. After being in a real fight I stopped doing traditional martial arts because it doesn't work against a real person with the intent to harm you at all costs. Jet Li would be crushed

I generally won't answer questions like this but what the hey. First off Jet Li and all the others like Jackie, Chuck, Jean Claude they are all ACTORS, not fighters, there is a HUGE difference there. Unless thes actors trained for such an event none of them would be able to handle a half way skilled mma fighter let alone someone from the UFC. I give those actors there due, they are very good at what they do but do not think for a moment that they can actually fight, for real. The fact of the matter is that Jet Li is a good martial artist and actor but as far as I know he's never fought in a cage, for real.

Jet Li Ufc

he would be destroyed...he's like 5' 2" and weighs a few ounces. Now I am a jet li fan, but in a real fight, he would be destroyed by a true fighter (jet li is an ACTOR), let alone a UFC fighter. He even said in an interview with Conan O' Brine that he's not a fighter. Jeez, why is it so hard for people to separate fantasy and reality??

Even if he was in his own weight class...he ACTS like he's hurting people and UFC fighters are actually hurting people.... HELLO!!!

all the comments are dumb people jet li jackie chan steven seagal are masters at not getting on the ground that's number 1 thing there best even if they did there extremely good in ways ufc dont use besides all that it would extremly hard for ufc a rookie to get a master on the ground especially a chinese and jet li is a master of 11 kung fu styles so yeah ufc dont stand a chance in reality and good luck getting jet li to fight anyone LMFAO

• moose

It depends. MMA fights can take Jet Li's punches and take him down but Jet Li knows martial arts that can kill someone by hitting the person at a certain point in the body but I don't think he'll want to use it, it's just sports after all.

Just because they are actors, don't think they can't fight. I was told Bruce Lee was so fast they had to slow down the film so viewer can see his punches cuz if they didn't his arms looked like a blur in film which didn't make for a good movie.

You know what he said when he was interviewed? he said quote "I'm not really a fighter.. I'm just an actor".

yes, true he may fight his way to octagon but if the fight is fair and square (w/c is not) then Li would be *** kicked.

not nearly as well financially as he does now.

seriously, what kind of moron would he be if he gave up his million dollar paychecks for a chance to make $500k in mma if he is lucky?

in a perfect world fighters would get paid more than actors (who would make minimum wage) and teachers would be paid more than tv personalities. however we do not live in a perfect world.

jet li is not stupid enough to believe that his skill at wushu and other forms practice is going to be effective in a full contact MMA arena.

probly get pounded..i like him hes a cool actor but hes not a mma fighter