i want to lose around 10-15 pounds in a month or 2 months, any suggestions?
im 16 5'6 and 146lbs. i want to be around 130-125 llbs. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can lose it. I already play tennis at least 3 times a week for 2 hours. Sometimes i play more. But thats the extent of my exercising. I also kinda eat the wrong foods, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to help please let me know.
- Anonymous1 decade agoBest Answer
Here are a few tips:
1. You MUST exercise if you want to lose weight and keep it off, so do something every day, even if it’s just a 15-minute walk around the neighborhood. Don’t say you don’t have time for exercise; you have to MAKE time. Yes, it takes time and effort, but you’re worth it, right?
2. Walk as much as you want, but don’t do cardio for more than 40 minutes at a time. If you do, you risk burning muscle instead of fat.
3. If you do strength training, use light weights and do lots of repetitions. That’ll really help you “tone up.”
4. Your diet will make you or break you. You have probably learned bad eating habits over time (most people do). That’s not your fault, but now you have to deal with it. Make a commitment to yourself to unlearn those bad habits and re-learn better habits.
5. Eat breakfast every day within an hour of getting up. People who don’t are 450% more likely to be overweight.
6. Eat six small meals or snacks per day instead of three squares per day or one big meal per day. Your body expends energy digesting your food, so eating smaller portions more often keeps your metabolism running high because you’re constantly digesting food.
7. Avoid these as much as possible:
-- Trans fat (any type of partially or fully hydrogenated oil)
-- High fructose corn syrup (soft drinks are LOADED with it)
-- Fast food
-- Junk food
-- White sugar, white flour, white rice, white potatoes
-- The deadly C’s (cookies, cakes, candy, chips, cola)
8. Build your diet around these trim-body-friendly foods:
-- Nuts, any kind (almonds are best)
-- Fresh vegetables (green is GREAT!!!)
-- Dairy products (as long as they’re low-fat or non-fat)
-- Lean meats (fish and poultry top the list)
-- Olive oil
-- Whole grain breads/cereals/pasta
-- Fresh fruits (anything that ends in “berry” is a winner)
-- Tea (green tea or black pekoe tea)
-- Cold water or ice water (your body has to expend extra calories to heat it up)
9. Desserts and treats are the exception, not the rule. Having said that, however, (1) you can have a couple of pieces of chocolate every day – just don’t overdo, and (2) Allow yourself one “cheat meal” every week where you eat and drink whatever you want as long as you don’t gorge yourself. That’ll help keep you from feeling deprived and it’ll make it easier to stick with your new healthy eating plan.
- 1 decade ago
Along with all the good dietry advice you're getting, here's a really good tip on method
You need a very specific goal. And very importantly a reward you can give yourself when your goal is achieved.
Lets say 15 pounds weight loss in 60 days.
This equates to half a pound every 2 days (hey a half pound in 2 days is easy)
Check your progress every day at the same time, first thing is usually best.
Modify your behaviour according to your progress, -
no loss - workout harder, eat less
on schedule - well done give yourelf a hug
lost too much - bring the reward forward a day (don't allow yourself some slack for later)
Good luck with it, hope you reach your reward.
- 1 decade ago
You can try the cabbage soup.You'll lose 10-17lbs in 2 to 3 weeks.Also try eating more vegetables and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.Later on I'll send a copy of the cabbage soup.
- BeverlyLv 44 years ago
Try and work in just 15 to 20 minutes of jogging at a comfortable pace each day, and if you plan your route to go uphill it will help with the "extra jiggle in thighs and butt". For your stomach just do your basic abdominal workouts like sit-ups and crunches. Also if you cut back on sodas you'll be amazed. Hope this helps :)
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1 Reduce fat intake:
2 Reduce intake of sugar:
3 Decrease alcohol consumption:
4 Stay away from processed, fast and junk foods
5 Reduce quantity of food without going hungry:
6 Adopt regular eating habits:
7 Raise the amount of physical activity:
8 Learn a new hobby or interest:
9 Improve your metabolism by eating natural foods:
10 Control your appetite:
- TopSpinLv 51 decade ago
The fact that you're playing tennis is good. Try to eat and drink better. replace soda with tea or 100% juice (or even water) and try to stay away from eating foods that are filled with sugar and corn syrup. It also helps to get adequate sleep every night.
- FieldLv 44 years ago
lose 1015 pounds month 2 months suggestions
- doclakewriteLv 71 decade ago
balanced meals 3 times a day
no junk food
get a copy of the us or canadian food guide and follow it
cut out the butter and bad fats in your diet
lots of water and no pop or fruit juices
eat cut up fresh veggies as snacks(no dip)
cut out caffeine and sugar and white flour
- sexiebumLv 51 decade ago
Sarge927 is spot on i will be taking his advice after my baby is born so i can loose the weight his answer "takes the biscuit so to speak"
- Anonymous1 decade ago
I'm trying to lose weight too and it's sooo hard. My aunt is using a weight loss product and it's really working for her. I'm gonna try it and I recommend you try it too. Check their website at
http://www.mylguide.info , my aunt got a free trial and paid only 5.49$ shipping and handling.