How would it be if we had a third political party called the "Moderates"?

As a life-long democrat, I do approve of much of that platform. However, I have issues with some things. I'm especially passionately ambivilent about all of the candidates running this time. On the other hand, I agree with the Republican platform on a couple of things, but the candidates running on that... show more As a life-long democrat, I do approve of much of that platform. However, I have issues with some things. I'm especially passionately ambivilent about all of the candidates running this time. On the other hand, I agree with the Republican platform on a couple of things, but the candidates running on that platform are all far below my requirement for President. So, politically, I'm in a pickle. (Please do not even mention Ron Paul's name...you supporters are over-selling the guy.)