k p asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 1 decade ago

what is a good non-toxic cleaning product that is safe for my child ?

Green is the theme, and I'm on board. Any ideas??

Favorite Answer

There is a long list of safe and natural cleaners. Here's a few:

1) Vinegar

2) baking soda

3) lemon juice

4) borax

5) salt

6) mineral oil

7) peroxide

Try this website. Tells how to use safe (less toxic) houshold products to clean almost anything.

http://www.lesstoxicguide.ca/index.asp?fetch=house...

Yes I have the best hint for you Use White Vinegar it is the best all purpose cleaner/degreaser that can be used all around the home inside and out and it is safe to use around pets and children and is gentle to use on all surfaces even use on your laundry it will remove odors and stains and remove the residues left by detergents and will not cause any allergies and is touted as being the best disinfectant in the world and it can be used both diluted with water or undiluted and still is safe to use everywhere even to clean your cars Good Luck !

Source(s): Personal experience Using White/Apple Cider Vinegars for cleaning whole house inside and out uses for laundry and stain removal cleaning and disinfecting I use many environmentally safe cleaner both store bought and from my food pantry and homemade cleaners no chemical cleaners are bought or used in my home

I did, I put one of the child safety locks on my kitchen cabinet under the sink where the cleaning products are. My daughter is 4 1/2 now, and knows enough not to go in that cupboard.

• Emil

* Borax is a naturally occurring mineral, soluble in water. It can deodorize, inhibit the growth of mildew and mould.

* Baking Soda - is sodium bicarbonate. It has a number of useful properties. It can neutralize acid, scrub shiny materials without scratching, deodorize, and extinguish grease fires.

* Cornstarch - derived from corn, can be used to clean windows, polish furniture, shampoo carpets and rugs, and starch clothes.

* Lemon Juice - which contains citric acid, is a deodorant and can be used to clean glass and remove stains from aluminum, clothes, and porcelain.

* Isopropyl Alcohol is an excellent disinfectant.

Vinegar and Washing Soda.

Baking soda, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar.

You can scrub your tub with salt and baking soda to get rid of soap scum.

You can put baking soda and salt down your drains with hot water to help them smell fresh and run smooth.

You can use white vinegar for cleaning microwave and grease.

Basic H or H2 from Shaklee

Is 100% safe, you can literally use it to brush your teeth ...if you want to. I have used it on everything you can think of.

Soap.

Vinegar, you'd be amazed at all the things you can do with it!