promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Are There Any Pittsburgh Pirate Fans Out There??

Will they ever be good?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As a Pirate fan, I must say that it is the ownership of the Pirates that have created the team that now takes the field for the Pirates. They are soley responsible for acquiring the players that are on the team. Instead of investing in quality players, they have hoarded the money they receive in revenue sharing. They have not invested in Latin America, the Far East or anywhere else in the world. Their thinking is many years behind the rest of baseball. This was evident in the recent call-ups of Matt Kata and Carlos Maldonado. Instead of bringing up one of the best power hitting prospects in baseball in Steve Pearce, the Bucs decided to go with "versatility" (which they have plenty of already). Until the ownership realizes how things should be done, the Pirates will continue to languish near the bottom of the league.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

i'm a pittsburgh steeler fan , and somewhat still a fan of the pirates . they have a lot of good young talent , and in a few years they could do like the steelers and end their championship drought .

Source(s): funny thing about the steelers and pirates is before the steelers won the super bowl a couple of years ago. the last time they won it was in the 1979 season , also the last time the pirates won the world series . even funnier was that they both played at old three river stadium !!!
  • 4 years ago

You already are. There is no test you have to take! The baseball team a fella likes has nothing to do with geography. You like what you like. Just follow those Pirates in the standings and take opportunities to learn about them. Books, TV shows, magazines, blogs, and on and on are all good sources for information. Wherever you live: apologize to no man for your preferences.

• 1 decade ago

I was a pirate fan until I saw all those Johnny Depp movies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i'm a brewer fan but i give the pirates two to three years and they'll be contending for the central. i am a fan of PNC Park; it's beautiful

• 1 decade ago

Well i'm not a Pirates fan, so why should I care?!

• 1 decade ago

No. But I heard Jack Wilson is going to the Tigers this week sometime.

• 4 years ago

Win or lose good or bad I'm a ride or die chick Gooo Bucs!!

• 1 decade ago

The buc's were great once, and with a few well placed new recruits, they will be again.

Go, bucko's

• 1 decade ago

At some point they have to be good.

Olny good scouting good save them now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.