Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsAuto RacingNASCAR · 1 decade ago

would you have liked to see a Nascar race on Thanksgiving Day?

there was talks that if the race had to be postponed once again today, that it would be added to the chase on Thanksgiving Day, and the Homestead race would just get pushed back one week later.

how many of you would have loved to see a Nascar race on Thanksgiving Day?

i mean we already have the Macy's Parade, the football game, and the big family thanksgiving dinner, how exciting would it be to have the Nascar race on the same day? I'd be up for it.

Best Answer

HAVING BEEN TO THE LAST THANKSGIVING RACEAT LOUDON IN 2001,ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU WON'T NEED YOUR COOLER,YOU CAN JUST SET TWELVE PACKS ON GRANDSTANDS TO KEEP THEM COLD,OR IN YOUR JACKET TO KEEP THEM FROM FREEZING!

Source(s): BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

It wouldn't be a bad idea. I always like the thought of Nascar becoming an every week race year round. I'm a bigger Nascar fan than in football but America's favorite sport on Thanksgiving is football. I could see the race run at Daytona. What's your problem football fans. Everybody who gives thumbs down on saying Nascar is not an American sport is ghetto and screwed up.

Thanksgiving is a day for football, not racing!

I heard the talk about altering the Chase and making Dover the first race and moving Michigan back to the last race of the season. It would be great to see a race at MIS in November, because instead of the jet dryers, they'd have to bring out the snowplows!

No, Have you ever tryed to cook a Turkey in a motorhome, its also one of the few weekends we get to spend time with family and good friends. Then its back to work Designing and building new Trucks( cars ) for the up coming season, not to mention the testing and sponsor promos.

Source(s): nascar nation rocks

As a fan, I would enjoy it but one thing that separates Nascar drivers from other sports is their dedication to their families (see Mark Martin) and there would be some no-shows...and who could balme them?

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Turkey dinner and NASCAR for dessert, I'll take a big slice of that please!!!

That really would be cool for us fans, but I'm sure the crews would all want to be with their loved ones!

But wishful thinking never hurt anybody! LOL

• scooby

Wouldn't mind having a race could do without the parade.

I would not like it on Thanksgiving, that is when the Packers play and you all know that the Packers and Detroit is a tradition.

sure it would be nice but nascar drivers have families 2 so NASCAR wouldnt have them drive then, sorry

yes that would of been cool.but we all know in november it snows bad so there would of been another make up race.