Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Add information?

My doctor just described me a medicine called Ritalin for ADD. Not ADHD but ADD. Does anyone know the difference? Can anyone tell me what ADD is?

Favorite Answer

ADD is Attention Deficit Disorder. ADHD is Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Generally people with ADD have problems staying on task, they get distracted easily, they can find the outside world irritating because so much is going on and they constantly feel like they are being pulled in different directions. They can appear lazy, but they aren't. People with ADHD have the attention problems combined with the inability to stay still for very long. It's like their body constantly needs to be in motion, whether when walking or rocking when sitting. I hope the Ritalin helps, but if not don't get discouraged, there are lots of medications out there nowadays to help out with ADD.

ADD is attention-deficit disorder- It makes it difficult for those affected to concentrate on a single task. ADHD is a more sever version, standing for Attenion deficit hyperactive disorder- while many people with ADD can cope without meds and even go undiagnosed, those with ADHD have a much harder time handling their disorder without the aid of meds and in many cases- can't.

I believe it is the same thing just another name for it.

• TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR DEPRESSION AND COMMON YOU DOWN