Is the Gulf of Mexico still the Atlantic Ocean?

My son and I were talking in the car making bets so he would clean his room and i would buy him a game.

I said that Mississippi touched the Ocean. (Atlantic) And he said it did not...it was touching the Gulf of Mexico waters and was not a Ocean but Ocean water only.

Anyone know the answer?

I would really Like to win teehee. But after looking on the computer I think I maybe wrong.

I did not tell my son it was the Atlantic ocean i just stated it touched the ocean.

As i looked it up on the net it says the Gulf is a Gulf made of ocean water...

I think i have lost darn it.

Best Answer

The Gulf of Mexico is not part of the Atlantic even though the atlantic feeds water to it. Sorry, but you lost the bet. I suggest you buy him C&C 3, really good game, if he likes strategy games.

I disagree with the foregoing, and claim that it IS part of the Atlantic. But I don't know a good way to resolve the issue.

i would say it is part of the altantic but, what makes it separate is the land around it.

it never was

that is a really good question i have see so far

no