Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Weesy
Weesy asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Any ideas on what my German tattoo should say?

I want to get a tattoo in German that says something about being an individual, and carrying on when times are tough. Does anyone have any ideas? Please send me translations, also.

Favorite Answer

-Frisch gewagt ist halb gewonnen=Nothing ventured, nothinggained.

-Jeder ist seines Glueckes Schmied= everyone makes/builds his own happyness(Schmied actually means Blacksmith here symbolic for building something)

-Wo ein Wille ist, da ist auch ein Weg=where there is a will(to accomlish something)there is a way.

Source(s): Grew up in Germany
  • ?

Thats the predicament plenty of the icons and logos used to be represented via the nazi's and skinheads. If you could have any graphics of your grandfather/ Grandmother? or simply any ancient snap shots out of your historical past? have you ever suggestion approximately a portrait tattoo or a ancient snapshot scene?

How about "I am an individual and I carry on when times are tough."

Individualism needs to stop..it's time.

Mussen nur wollen - You just have to want it