bob asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

i have symantec (norton internet security) 2007...?

I think i might have a virus or somthin? Should i get another program on top of NORTON?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

No I don't think, for me Norton works great.

• 1 decade ago

Does the Internet Security include Norton Antivirus? (I just always got the full package with Norton System's Works when I used Norton...)

Go online to their security check site (Below) and run a scan:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?lan...

With my new computer, I have TrendMicro's PCcillan - and it is a wonder... but it does not tolerate anyone else's Antivirus programs being on board.

Run the check at Symantec (the folks who make Norton) and then try a scan from another spot like McAfee - or My AntiVirus's site at TrendMicro:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Good luck hon!

Peace.

• 1 decade ago

No, the best thing would be to download and install AVG Free antivirus plus AVG Free anti-spy and then un-install all Norton and Symantec products (Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs). Then using AVG do a complete system scan.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Norton is enough. But Active Virus Shield detects 99.8% of Viruses, compared to 84% with Norton.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Get rid of Norton and get something like Nod32, Avast, or AVG. Norton doesn't usually work well with any other Anti-virus programs. Using more than one shouldn't be necessary anyway. Don't believe me, do a search for customer reviews of Norton.

• 1 decade ago

No Norton should be good enough...If you think you might have a virus try running Trend Micro's Free virus scan....

Plus remember you can only have one antivirus program running on your computer...You can have have multiple anti-spyware programs running at the same time but not antivirus...

• 4 years ago

Norton products ( or should i say symantec are useless - believe me i have inside information). There are plenty of freeware products that are much better and don't cost a thing.

• 1 decade ago

Norton should be enough by itself. When is the last time you have run a full system scan on your computer?

• 1 decade ago

Norton is not so good its database is not well updated

try kaspersky or antivir they both r good choose one of them from

softarchive.net

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.