Distinguishing different types of brick in Architectural (design) elevations?

Hey people, I've checked my personal library (of all of 10 books, hehe, I'm working on it ;) ) for suggestions on how to show contrasting brick types in a standard hand drawn elevation, and I can't find anything. Presently I'm showing the distinction by using different bricklaying patterns (that is,... show more Hey people, I've checked my personal library (of all of 10 books, hehe, I'm working on it ;) ) for suggestions on how to show contrasting brick types in a standard hand drawn elevation, and I can't find anything. Presently I'm showing the distinction by using different bricklaying patterns (that is, I'm using Flemish Cross Bond for one and English Bond for the other type), and while it works it's not really what I want for the building - I want them to be different <I>coloured</i> bricks, not differently laid (that is, light beige and dark brown). Not to mention that this method is very time-consuming, and I'm sure you all understand that I have very little! (lol, a 1:200 model , 2x 1:100 section and 1:500 site plan in 2 days - oh god) However, my studio co-ordinator does not want coloured drawings (and I can sympathise - I don't want to draw them!! :)).

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
1 answer 1