Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Nirvana vs Alice In Chains?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that I enjoy listening to Nirvana more than to Alice In Chains, but it is hard to compare the two since Alice In Chains is more metal and Nirvana is true to the grunge rock format. Cantrell and Stanley were immensely talented songwriters and singers and obviously so were the Nirvana set (particularly Cobain and Grohl.) In terms of popularity Nirvana by far takes that one with over 52 million albums sold worldwide to Alice In Chains 15 million. Critical acclaim definitely goes to Nirvana and Alice In Chains seems to get more of the Most Underappreciated Bands of all time vibe. Overall, both were very talented groups of musicians that put out music that is great to listen to, but Nirvana has a higher spot on the food chain for me.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • n
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm gonna pick Alice In Chains,even though I love Nirvana as well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's just gotta be Alice in Chains. I think overall their music is better. They are also better songwriters (Cantrell in particular). If you look at Nirvana's songs, it's sometimes the same phrase repeate 15 times. Don't get me wrong, I like Nirvana, but Alice in Chains rule everyone.

Source(s): My musical taste
  • 1 decade ago

Alice in Chains....most mainstream listeners only know Nirvana.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They are both great, but i love alice so much more. i think that alice will never have the mainstream sucess and notability of nirvana, but they have a completely unique sound and have influenced just as many bands as nirvana has. also they have made some of the greatest rock songs of all time.

• 1 decade ago

I love them both but I will have to say Alice In Chains because they are my all time favorite.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Alice In Chains CRUSH Nirvana

Layne Staley had FOUR Times the voice of Cobain

You ever hear anybody else that sounds anything like Layne Staley???

Nope

Kurt Cobain???

Sure

Lots of singer have the same type of voice

Nirvana are way over-rated in my book

• 1 decade ago

Alice In Chains, no question!

• 1 decade ago

I wonder if you are pro Alice in Chains!

• 1 decade ago

It really depends on my mood. They each have their own style...so its hard to pick between the 2. Theres things I like about each, but definitely Nirvana brings back the most memories.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.