Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Nirvana vs Alice In Chains?

Favorite Answer

I think that I enjoy listening to Nirvana more than to Alice In Chains, but it is hard to compare the two since Alice In Chains is more metal and Nirvana is true to the grunge rock format. Cantrell and Stanley were immensely talented songwriters and singers and obviously so were the Nirvana set (particularly Cobain and Grohl.) In terms of popularity Nirvana by far takes that one with over 52 million albums sold worldwide to Alice In Chains 15 million. Critical acclaim definitely goes to Nirvana and Alice In Chains seems to get more of the Most Underappreciated Bands of all time vibe. Overall, both were very talented groups of musicians that put out music that is great to listen to, but Nirvana has a higher spot on the food chain for me.

• n

I'm gonna pick Alice In Chains,even though I love Nirvana as well.

It's just gotta be Alice in Chains. I think overall their music is better. They are also better songwriters (Cantrell in particular). If you look at Nirvana's songs, it's sometimes the same phrase repeate 15 times. Don't get me wrong, I like Nirvana, but Alice in Chains rule everyone.

Source(s): My musical taste

Alice in Chains....most mainstream listeners only know Nirvana.

They are both great, but i love alice so much more. i think that alice will never have the mainstream sucess and notability of nirvana, but they have a completely unique sound and have influenced just as many bands as nirvana has. also they have made some of the greatest rock songs of all time.

I love them both but I will have to say Alice In Chains because they are my all time favorite.

Alice In Chains CRUSH Nirvana

Layne Staley had FOUR Times the voice of Cobain

You ever hear anybody else that sounds anything like Layne Staley???

Nope

Kurt Cobain???

Sure

Lots of singer have the same type of voice

Nirvana are way over-rated in my book

Alice In Chains, no question!

I wonder if you are pro Alice in Chains!

It really depends on my mood. They each have their own style...so its hard to pick between the 2. Theres things I like about each, but definitely Nirvana brings back the most memories.