Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

How do you guys feel about military recruiters??

would you feel more comfortable having a recruiter talk to you in military uniform or casual wear??

what do you guys think of school policies?? (recruiters at school)

I was a recruiter at one time and I got into an argument with my uncle. He stated all military recruiters should be killed and I told him it is better to have recruiters than making it mandatory for young men to serve the military???

what do you guys think

• Kilroy
    Favorite Answer

90% of military recruiters are genuine, responsible, honest, desciplined and professional. 10% are scum. My experience was that the good ones are successful over the long term while the dirtbags come out hot but fade quickly as they gain a reputation.

People give recruiters a bad rap over the small percentage who do not act professionally. It would be like incriminating all teachers over the few who abuse students...its just not fair.

As far as uniforms go, I think they are a must. They convey the image of the military and identify the individual as a military recruiter. Yes, they should be in high schools. Over 20% of HS grads end up serving in the military in some form (Guard, Reserve or Active). That's 1 in 5 who desire the opportunity and it should be made available.

Military recruiters are the public face of the Armed Forces and deserve respect as servicemembers and professionals who perform a very difficult public duty.

I feel they are all highly qualified to be Used Car Salesman. They must study the same training manual.

Casual clothes will make no difference, would probably help the recruiters...people may feel more relaxed and therfore may tend to trust a bit more what the recruiter is telling them.

I kid you not when I claim that we had a metally retarded individual that made it all the way to boot camp. This guy could not wipe his own nose, could not stand at attention...he would pretend to shoot animals that were not there. If this guy was acting for some reason, he was the best actor I have ever seen. I wanted to find his recruiter and punch him in the mouth. Our Company Commander sent him home.

We had another guy that made it through boot camp and into the fleet. He was mentally deficient in a big way. He was basically like 10 years old in a 24 yr old body. He was able to complete his tasks; however, other military members would play games with him, abuse him for their own amusment, because of his gullibility. His case was a tough call, but I don't think he should have been allowed in.

Aside from those instances, which really are only the tip of the iceberg, I have witnessed recruiters flat out lie, cheat and steal basically, anything to get someone to Meps...

Source(s): As for whether or not recruiters should be allowed in schools. Yes they should be, it is a career choice, so if other professions are allowed on career day then they should be as well. It is actually sad that recruiters have to try and 'hook' someone...Kids should be reaching out to join, then recruiters would not have to lie and could pick only the best to serve our military. What is real sad is that people generally see the military as underpaid. This is only true if you are a low ranking single person, but if you get up in rank and start a family, your pay and benefits together are pretty damn good.

A recruiter should be in uniform when performing official duties, nuff said. As for the schools, recruiter should be given the same access other companies are offered like on career day. Also if a group of protesters should surround the recruiters the school should provide security both for the protester who does not know how the Government works (because they think the military sends itself to war?) and the recruiter so his/her uniform and car aren't ruined by "peaceful protesters". (Remember young protester, the recruiter is a professional and has military discipline which you lack because if he wanted to he could snap your neck in a heartbeat.)

God bless the honest recruiters because they have hard yet honorable job and function to perform.

They do embellish from time to time. No doubt. The best thing to do if you are wanting to enlist is to find someone that isn't a recruiter either a relative or even go online and find a website like military.com and ask actual enlisted men that are NOT recruiters, they will give you the real deal. If at all possible, have a soldier you know, preferably an NCO go with you to talk to the recruiter, then they will know not to bs you.

Source(s): 14 years as an Army wife...heard all the bad recruiter stories.

I think that military recruiters are exactly that. Their job is to get people to join up with the service. Some can be shady....some are cool....One thing is for sure that you have to listen to what they say and then research it for yourself to find out if you are being told the truth. I think it's a disgrace for anyone to spit at a recruiter....or think they are "evil" or anything like that. The age range that recruiters are targeting can't sign up for the military with out a parent's signature...or if they are 18 then obviously that means they are an adult and responsible for making their own decisions.

• Milmom

I don't think they are any different from what my high school set up, and my kids set up which was Career day. They are doing the same job as any sales, or ITT, or Microsoft does, they are recruiting.

It's not mandatory for people to serve, that's what makes this country so different from others.

Me personally I liked the uniforms, that's their job, they should be dressed accordingly.

HOOYAH recruiters!! Personally I would rather be approached by a recruiter in uniform. To me the uniform represents achievement and discipline. Not all recruiters are out to screw you over so I think theres nothing wrong with recruiters as long as you get all their promises in writing.

The best was Staff Sergeant Stuart Albert Gerlisky,1949-2000.

you're in all hazard suitable on your instincts. confident, they have quotas so they in many circumstances could choose to fill it or have a bad evaluation by using their superiors. As fas by using fact the ASVAB attempt, your in many circumstances take it on the MEPS station an identical day as once you're doing all your scientific. in the event that they are in basic terms conversing concerning the prepare attempt that they supply you on the recruiter's place of work, then that's just to gauge what you realize. yet, i understand the way you sense. that's extra effective to benefit first until eventually now taking the attempt so which you might have a extra effective hazard of having a intense score and the choice to have extra MOS to choose from. i'm uncertain concerning the a million to 2 365 days wait inspite of the undeniable fact that when the attempt. it is going to in basic terms be some months after the attempt.

Meh, it should probably be mandatory for all people to join the service at a certain age, but im glad its not, I prefer not being shot at, and having to shoot people. But really it would be better for the country if all young men did have to serve for at least two years. have young men serve when they turn 18, go to college at 20 and they arent set back too far. But as long as people are willing to be paid to do it, its not necesary.