Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 decade ago

I Have Bad Credit, How do I get a Home Loan?

I need help with this problem. I have a pretty poor line of credit, but am looking to get a home loan...what can I do to improve my chances of actually getting a loan?

I am not sure what I need to do to qualify for a loan or what could help me become a better applicant!

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!

Best Answer

Hey Jim,

This is a good question, but one not easily answered. There are alot of things that are taken into consideration for a home loan.

The first thing I would do would be to get a free credit score report and make sure you understand what it is saying to you.

There is a blog I found with an article that is titled "Finding a Bad Credit Home Loan."

The link to this article is http://www.finance-your-life.com/?p=28

It has some very useful information on the exact question your asking!

Happy Monday

Dave

Hello, there are several steps you can take in order to get your credit back on track and improve your chances of getting a home loan. It may take some time but the effort will be worth it.

The first thing is to know what's on your credit report and resolve any discrepancies you may find.

It would be wise to check with credit reporting agencies to make sure they contain a similar view of your credit history. It’s also wise to make sure there are no errors on your report, such as name misspellings or incorrect addresses.

It’s also important that you plan to pay your bills on time and follow through.

You can start this today, even before you take a look at your credit report. Contact your creditors to review your payment options and catch up with any late payments. Focus on ways to reduce your spending.

I know this next step may be one the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do, but you must stop using credit cards now!

Paying down your credit card balances will not only improve your credit rating over time, but you'll be in a better position to negotiate a lower interest rate for your cards.

Lastly and what I believe is the most important step, don't live beyond your means.

Make paying your bills and buying only essential items your main priority. Carefully weigh the importance of all new purchases against the greater importance of reestablishing your good credit.

Getting a handle on your spending, paying bills on time, and paying down credit cards takes a long-term commitment and strong self-control. Again, it won't always be easy, but the effort will pay off once you see your credit improve.

I hope this answers your question.

Don't lose hope if you're looking to buy a home. There are so many different ways to fund a home now, just about anyone with any kind of credit can get into a home, regardless of credit situation.

Of course, some will cost you more money in the long run, but a home it's still one of the best investments that you can make, so, in many cases, it's worth it, especially for the first year of ownership.

You should shop around, and ask different lenders what kind of programs they have, and if they can help. Try to find a lender that specializes in bad credit mortgages. You can find some bad credit mortgage lenders listed on this page on and off:

http://www.axalda.info/bad-credit-mortgage.html

First, in this tight credit situation, you will need to put down at least 20% of the house price to get a home loan, so make sure you have that much in savings before applying for the loan. Also make sure that all of your credit cards are paid off and that you don't have any late payments on your record.

Not sure where you are from,but in Australia,once you get a bad credit rating it sticks and it is very difficult to get any sort of a loan.

You may be considered if you have had the one job for a long period of time,good income and a huge deposit.

Lenders want to be sure they will get their money back if you default,so the bigger the deposit you can come up with the more likely you are at having a chance,of course it will not guarentee a loan.

Try building your credit rating up by good banking habits,bank regular and keep in the bank,get smaller loans and pay them off as quick as possible.

But from what i have learnt,it is very difficult to regain a good credit rating once you lose it.

There are hundreds if not thousands of websites on the internet enumerating the ways to apply and receive home loan when you are plagued with bad credit issues. These sites help consumers with bad credit scores to increase the viability of their existing credit scores and set up loans regardless of their credit history.Companies that specialize in bad credit home loans; usually offer a wide range of options for consumers with bad credit<!--These options include Bad Credit Home Loans, Home Equity and Line of Credit (HELOC) Loans and different options for Mortgage Refinancing, making it possible for those with bad credit to realize the dream of owning their own home.You can find more information on Home Loans here,

http://badcredits.awardspace.com/homeloans.htm

They also offer a debt consolidation offer which helps the home owner organize a comprehensive program for controlling their spending. Many consumers with bad credit are grateful for the opportunity to receive a second chance, sort to speak-->Bad credit hasn't stopped them from purchasing a home. There are several programs available for people with bad credit that helps to restore their credit status and to live debt free lives.

in today market it will take you about as long to get situated to buy a house as it took you to get a poor line of credit.

these things you will need

a excellent credit score and that will take time -- because it means timely payments and a low ratio of amount owe to credit limit.

a strong work record

and at least 20% down

i would say stay on the sidelines and work on those three because with the market the way it is there will be ample bargains coming up over the next 6 = 12 months.!!!

You need to fix your credit before you try to buy a house. You might find someone to loan you the money, but it will not be in your best interest, given the interest rate you will get. Slow down, fix your credit, then buy.

First you would need a loan officer to go over your credit.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THOSE FOLKS WHO SAY YOU NEED 20% DOWN.

FHA mortgages DO NOT REQUIRE A CREDIT SCORE. You can have a low score of 300, but can't have lates within the last 12 months.

I recommend that you have someone fix your credit....

www.creditalignment.com shows you how to do it for FREE.

Source(s): www.carteretmortgage.com/rbae

All types of loans are available for students,employees and retired persons.Worldwide banks are ready to provide the loans for all.See the website below and apply your required throe on line.