How do I ask for a job that hasn't been offered? Graphic Designer seeks job with a company that isn't hiring.

I'm a graphic designer and I'm looking for work right now. I've come across companies that I'd really like to work for, but they don't say anything about hiring. I want to send them my resume but I really don't know how I should go about it. I know I need to send some kind of cover letter, but I don't know what I should write. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Here is some advice. First off send the resume to the HR department of the companies you are interested in and definitely include a cover letter. It this letter you should inroduce yourself, state your interest in working with the company, highlight aspects why you would be a asset to their community and lastly inform them you look forward to meeting (or working) with them in the future. If they are not hiring, they will send somethng out to you but some companies might be and you can get a jumpy on things. Good Luck!

• Pengy

Submit your resume and if you have it some examples of your work. Most positions are not really advertised because many people send their resumes in blindly, so do as others and good luck

Amazingly, MOST real vacancies are never advertised, and most jobs you see advertised are actually just companies filling their "what if we lose someone?" files with potential replacements.

Style your resume as someone who sees themselves as a perfect fit for the company you want to work for, and whether they realize it or not, they NEED you, and you will make them more profitable/better/more able to go forward in their mission with you than without you...

Good luck!

Must be fake, as no genuine company would ask you to pay money to get a job, or offer you a job without proper interviews and references. Sorry.

Try creating something really outstanding in the company's marketing field.

Submit it and let "one picture be worth a thousand words".

Good luck!