Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 1 decade ago

on my pc, you tube is only playing 2 seconds of each video, why?

i've deleted me history etc etc but it makes no difference

whats happening there then?

Update:

& have broadband

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

exit the internet and check your internet connection and speed. then restart your computer and wait a little bit to go back on. works for me.

• 1 decade ago

It is probably getting and playing the first two seconds before the buffer runs empty. Are you sure it is not pausing for a long time while it is trying to retrieve the rest of the video? What happens when you leave it alone for a few minutes? How fast is your network connection? Is there other traffic on it? Try pausing it and letting the red bar go all the way to the right and then hitting play for seamless playback.

• 1 decade ago

Do you have a slow dial-up internet connection? If so, that might be why. With slow connections, it migth be timing out, or the server goes on to fill out query for people with faster connections, and is deeming your connection as not worth it's time.

• i have been having the same problem for the last two days and i also have broadband its so annoying i think the site is just too busy

Source(s): me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Are you letting the video buffer enough? Give it time to load more and it should play more. Also make sure you have the latest Flash Player.

Source(s): http://adobe.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

download "adobe flash player" from their site, then when you go to youtube click on that little + sign in the video window, then click on the video picture, giveit a couple of minutes and let it launch. hope this helps, good luck. if this does'nt work then maybe you'd better try contacting youtube.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

check isp speed test

• 1 decade ago

you probably have to let it buffer. pause it and wait a couple seconds (15?) then play it again. If i helped you please choose me as best answer!

• lopkop
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

try login to watch the videos

• 1 decade ago

stop being cheap and start using broardband instead of dial-up....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.