Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 decade ago

wedding favors....?

who should i do "wedding favors" to?

I've been to some weddings where they give enough for everyone at the wedding(guests), and some where only the people in the wedding get something like that.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

With wedding favors you should have enough for everybody, depending on the favor sometimes it is acceptble to offer one favor to long term couples like other married guests.

Bridal party gifts are given only to the bridal party and are much more "required" than favors. Those however should not be presented at the reception. Those are given in private along with the parent gifts and such at the rehersal dinner.

Keep in mind when getting bombarded with wedding industry hype about what you "have to have" the only thing you need to be married is yourselves, two witnesses, and the officant. Everything else is fluff and stuff....you'll be just as married with or without the personalized napkins.

• 1 decade ago

Wedding favors are for all guests or non at all. Traditionally, a thank you gift is given to each member of the wedding party. Favors are not necessary.

This is a fairly recent (last 10 years or so) phenomenon. When I got married in 1978, there was no such thing as a party favor given at weddings. I had a very nice wedding with all the trimmings so if favors had been the "in' thing back then, I would have had them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The wedding party (participants in your wedding) deserve a nice gift for taking the time and spending the money to be in your wedding. Bridesmaids usually get jewelry that matches the dress or another cute idea is flip flops to wear the day of the wedding and a beauty basket (lotions, candles, etc.) Groomsmen could get grilling sets with "tools" for grilling, really nice beer glasses, or pens.

Your wedding guest should get a small favor like a photo frame with the date of your wedding, chocolates, a CD with your favorite love songs, or a donation made to your favorite non-profit with a nice card saying "in lieu of a gift we made a donation to ______".

It's a lot of work, good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Wedding favors should be given to the guest that attented your wedding and should cost $1-3 pp

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wedding favors are for the guests you can buy one thing per couple or one for each guest what you give the bridal party is gifts thanking them for being in your wedding

• 7 years ago

It is traditional in some Western cultures for the guests at bridal showers and weddings to receive party favors; these vary in price and durability in accordance with the desires and budget of the host or hostess. This practice has spread to many other formal occasions such as baby showers, engagement parties, retirement parties, anniversaries, and holiday gatherings. For small social gatherings such as birthday parties, guests may receive a simple and inexpensive favor such as a small toy. In some cases guests might receive a small "gift bag" with a handful of favors toys or trinkets, candy, pencils or other small gifts. Occasions such as birthday parties, seasonal parties, unique events such as a Bar/Bat Mitzvah or Christening are a few social gatherings where favors may be appropriate.

• 1 decade ago

everyone should get one, but the wedding party gets something special. to all the wedding guests, i've seen lighters, deck of cards, magnets, disposable camera (which is fun - the guests can take pics while at the tables), CDs (a mix of the couple's favorite songs - lots of love songs too)

• 1 decade ago

I've only ever seen wedding favours given to all people attending the wedding, not just the bridal party. They do not have to be big fancy things, just little edible things, nice chocolates, decorated cookies etc, don't give knick knacks like mini picture frames etc as they just get thrown away.

• 1 decade ago

usually everyone gets a favor and the people in the wedding (bridal party) get gifts at the rehearsal dinner as a thank you for being in your wedding.

• 1 decade ago

wedding favors can be given to each couple that attends. the people you have in the wedding usually receive a small token of appreciation from the bride and groom, but thats something different.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.