Cordy asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Where can I buy a teacup yorkie in IL?

I currently have a yorkie but am looking for a teacup to add to the family. I have searched the internet w/ little luck. I live in central IL and am looking for a breeder near me.

There is no such thing as a teacup yorkie. Anyone who is advertising "teacup" or "miniature" yorkies is either A) lying about it to increase the price, or B) doesn't know what they are talking about (so you prob do not want to buy a dog from them!). Yorkies are small dogs in general, so there is no variations on the breed according to size like most dogs (for ex, poodles).

On finding your dog-I would not look on the internet. I started searching for my yorkie almost a year ago, and started on the internet....and learned about scam after scam after scam. There are so many scams online regarding high priced pets-totally not worth it!!! A great place to look is in your local paper, or in the paper of the biggest city near you. Many local breeders advertise their puppies in the paper, usually for lower prices than others. I found my gorgeous yorkie-poo in the paper for far less than anyone else I had talked to that was selling them. My Bella is gorgeous, 5 lbs, and as healthy as can be! Plus, since I actually went a picked her up from the breeder's, I knew where they lived in case she didnt turn out to be healthy (always a plus!).

Good luck finding your next puppy!!!

go to PETFINDER.COM.......this is a site for rescue groups.......just enter your Zip code, and enter breed wanted, like Yorkshire Terrier, and be AMAZED at how many GREAT choices you have !!.....i recently adopted a Great Pyrenees mix from PETFINDER.COM, and my dog Sylvester is awesome !!.......check it out.......try it.......do a good deed.......ADOPT a Teacup Yorkie today !!!.......good luck to you, in your search for a Teacup Yorkie as a new pet !!!!.......most adoptions run between $ 50 to $ 200 maximum, for a wonderfull dog, who will be very happy to be your new pet !!!

Source(s): I have rescued and adopted three dogs, and all three of my dogs have been GREAT !!!

I wouldn't say the word "teacup" on this site - you'll get blasted everytime.

ADOPT DNT KILL AND INNOCENT PUPPY think bout it petfinder is awesome i used it to get my two chihuahuas i love them sooo much it makes u think how can anyone not want the poor little things

good luck finding one, there is no such thing as a "teacup"

All these sites will allow you to shop your area.

petsbid.com

local.com

petsunlimited.com

gotpetsonline.com

hoobly.com

Good luck with your search

chicago? =D i live there anyways

try all the shelters in downtown chicago