Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionSoap Operas · 1 decade ago

Coronation Streets Gail ,and her mother Aurdrey,why does gail look older than her mother???????????????

Gail looks about 63-68 yet Audrey her mother in the show only looks late 50,s?.and my next question is this....how come Diane Parish who plays the postoffice worker,,,,in (eastenders bbc1 ) earns over £19,000 per show? surely thats overpayment?we HAVE TO pay our tv liceneses, yet have no controll over actors pay?who agrees?id willingly pay the good actors a fair wage but some are well over paid!!!! who agrees?

lmao @ replies ;O)

• Favorite Answer

she doesn't

they're both descendants of the poultry family

I think there's only an eight-year gap between Audrey and Gail in real life (Audrey being the older one). Maybe Gail's had a harder life!

If Diane is on 19k an episode, wouldn't she be getting like, £2 million a year or something? I doubt this is true because the woman who plays Pat gets £200,000 a year and she'll be one of the higher paid ones.

I Agree with you.

I'm a BIG fan of coronation street. It is fictional characters so audrey is most likely not gails mother. But I do agree that gail does look alot older then audrey. But who knows. Alot of soap operas are very stupid nowadays especially coronation street. But whenever it's on I just can't turn away..

hmmmmmm..

Anyway getting payed that much for working at a post office is alot. Especially since coronation street has alot of epeisodes.,.

And If there is any character I HATE on the show its charlie. I hate the he has enough guts to be playing around with Maria and tracy. And while hes sleeping with maria hes treating her like crap too. Like making fun of her as he walks by with tracy. it makes me sick. I think Maria should have gotten out of that situation a while ago.

..♥

Sue Nicholls, who plays Audrey was born in 1943 and Helen Worth, who plays Gail was born in 1951 so there isn't much difference between them in real life.

My husband calls Gail ET and keeps telling her to goooooo hoooommmme. She hasn't aged well.

Gail indeed looks older than Audrey. If I was Gail I would send David away. His behaviour is making Gail look haggard.

Over the last 10 years Gail's looks (she was never an oil painting) have gone to hell in a hatbox. £19K you say. In the wrong line of work, could do 20 episodes and retire.

I used to live next to her. She looks lovely in real life and she smiles alot. Maybe she looks older in Corrie as she never smiles.

Ha ha I like you idea of the viewsers having control over the actors pay. Brilliant. Maybe we would get some decent telly

not sure, i think diane parish is a well known actor shes been in loads apparently, but £19 grand a show??!!

all i can say is, gail is rough, looks like a grasshopper!

sure, yet keep in mind that throughout the time of actual existence there is not an undesirable lot of distinction between them ! For years Gail has looked lots youthful than the actress who performs her certainly is.

Question 1 Gails ugly she looks old like her mum and question 2 thats how it is

i always thought mother theresa played gail until a few years ago.