Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 decade ago

I have a question bout Fords ......???

My question is: Dose Ford make the Power Stroke in house or dose International make em??? Please answer this if ur really shure bout the answer its very important, im tryin to convince my best friend that fords are better. Ok thanks y'all!!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Fords diesel is made by International called the Navistar. The Power Stroke is manufactured by Navistar International Corporation (International Truck and Engine Corporation)

Go here for the proof......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Power_Stroke_eng...

I wouldn't rate Cummins or International better than the other, the are both great Diesel engines..... I give both Dodge and Ford a thumbs up for using great diesel engines in their trucks and not attempting to build one and fail....

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Ford has a contract with Navistar to build the Powerstroke Diesel engine. You can convince your friend that the Ford truck is better, which it is. As far as the engine, I don't think it has anything on the Cummins and Duramax engines. The new 6.4 (as well as the newest model 6.6 GM Duramax and new 6.7 Cummins) have some prooving to do. As far as the high performance world - Cummins 5.9 dominates. The Cummins 5.9 owns pretty much all the high HP/TQ, fastest 1/4 mile times, sled pulling records, etc... GM's Duramax is right behind but has not set any records as of yet. 7.3 and 6.0 Powerstrokes have not faired well in high performance applications. If your friend owns a Cummins or Duramax, you are wasting your time because you will not convince him that Ford's diesels are better.

Source(s): www.competitiondiesel.com
  • 1 decade ago

Navistar (International) makes the Power Stroke Diesel.

Cummins makes the Dodge Diesel

Isuzu/GM make the Duramax in the GM trucks.

Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Ford doesn't make diesel engines.

It makes the computer system for it, International makes the diesel engine

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

navistar (international) 7.3L powerstrokes kick the other brands a**** anyday.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Whats with the english... Not sure about your question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.