I once saw a job app. - real bad resume, ended up being the apostle paul's. Can't remember what it's called?

a pastor revewing a resume of someone who was thrown out of churches, attacked for his preaching, had been in jail many times, etc. It's the apostle's and I'd like to get a copy of that again...Thanks

Best Answer

My husband and I finally found this after much searching. I was asked to share the results, so here it is.......

A certain church somewhere was looking for a pastor. The search committee was reviewing resumes, and they came across one that said this:

"I have many qualifications. I've been a preacher with much success, and also had some success as a writer. Some say I'm a good organizer. I've been a leader most places I've been. I am over 50 years of age. I have never preached in one place more than three years. In some places I have left town after my work has caused riots and disturbances. I must admit I have been in jail three or four times, but not because of any wrongdoing.

My health is not too good, though I still get a great deal done. The churches I have preached in have been small, though located in several large cities. I've not got along too well with religious leaders in towns where I have preached. In fact, some have threatened me and even attacked me physically. I am not too good at keeping records. I have been known to forget whom I have baptized. However, if you can use me, I shall do my best for you."

The chair of the committee addressed the others: "What do you think? Shall we consider him?" The others were aghast. Hire an unhealthy, trouble-making, absent-minded, ex-jailbird? Was the chair crazy? Who was this applicant anyway? Who would have such colossal nerve? The chair glanced down at the bottom of the page.

It's signed, she said, "The Apostle Paul."

Paul didn't reject the physical world. He didn't meet Jesus in person before he died, but he did meet Jesus after his resurrection, which is why it appears to you that he 'renounced any knowledge of Jesus through human sources'. He was just being honest about how he met him. As for things seen and unseen, Paul isn't rejected this life (he has plenty to say about it), but he's refuting the idea that this life is all there is. This life has to be viewed in the light of our eternal destiny, and that's when things are going to be perfect and completed (rather than in this life). But Paul rejected any ideas that the physical world didn't matter. His writings are full of his arguments against that notion. So of course Paul would have accepted the walking, talking, real life Jesus. That's the Jesus he preached.

• Paul had a high standing,but gave it up. He realized that anything gained in the flesh was meaningless trash. He wanted to know Christ,and the power of His ressurection and anything else was garbage.

I have never even heard of this, but if you find out that it's posted somewhere on the internet, please share.