Why do black women wear weaves?

until their hair line starts to receded?

Most of the hair loss suffered from black women has to do with styling the hair instead of hereditary or illness, like other races. Why do they wear these styles until the point of baldness.

http://www.essence.com/essence/beautyand...
Update: White women wear weaves to enhance/thicken their natural hair.....where as black women change their texture all together with weaves and other methods....I understand if you want to switch it up for styling purposes, but if something is ripping out your hair why continue to use it....This is an Honest question. Not... show more White women wear weaves to enhance/thicken their natural hair.....where as black women change their texture all together with weaves and other methods....I understand if you want to switch it up for styling purposes, but if something is ripping out your hair why continue to use it....This is an Honest question. Not trying to be racist
Update 2: Yes Spa girl...but why dont they see that their natural hair can also be gorgeous?
How can you want gorgeous hair if your going bald to achieve it....
Update 3: I'm actually a black women.....and some people fail to read my question. My question wasnt why do black women wear weaves? My question was why do black women wear weaves to the point of baldness?...Thats is a certain type to category of black women? Not all black women wear weaves or wear them to the point of... show more I'm actually a black women.....and some people fail to read my question. My question wasnt why do black women wear weaves? My question was why do black women wear weaves to the point of baldness?...Thats is a certain type to category of black women? Not all black women wear weaves or wear them to the point of bladness, so I obviously wasnt talking about those black women.