Can someone explain to me again exactly how tax relief to upper tier income individuals expands our economy?

I'm lost in the concept of how freeing up more money for upper income folks to invest expands our economy and creates jobs. People who invest money do so where they get the greatest returns. The greatest returns are in countries with expanding economies, like China. Why invest in America with an economy... show more I'm lost in the concept of how freeing up more money for upper income folks to invest expands our economy and creates jobs.
People who invest money do so where they get the greatest returns. The greatest returns are in countries with expanding economies, like China. Why invest in America with an economy expanding at a 4% rate when you can earn 4 times as much in the Chinese economy, which is expanding at a 12% rate.
Exactly how does this benefit our economy? How does giving upper income people more money to invest overseas create more jobs here?
Why is it less beneficial to give the middle class, who are likely to spend their money within the USA, a tax break?