What kind of small animal should I get to keep me company?

I don't know what to choose but I like either rabbits, birds, guinea pigs, or fish. help me choose....

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ferrets are small and very energetic. I have 5 of them. I let them out a couple of hrs a day(make sure they have collars with bells) in one room of the house. Make sure they have a big cage, because they spend most of the time in there.

• 1 decade ago

If you just need a living creature which you can occupy your time, just pick any creature with minimal maintenance effort and cost will do. Dwarf Hamsters are relatively easy to keep.

But most lonely person would opt for a affectionate pet which understand its owner emotions, a pet dog is the most ideal animal, and you can pick a small size breed.

If you like pet fishes, try Giant Gourami, it can live up to over 10+ years, and would recognise its owner...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Guinea pigs are fun! I've had a few and they've had really nice, friendly personalities. Of course, all guinea pigs are different but maybe you'd enjoy one as well!

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

precise. not a Gerbil,the rabbit is in all likelihood to wreck it! Or a Guinea pig,and so on,. yet another rabbit could be perfect,a medium breed which includes an English spot weighing no better than 3.5kgs/7.7lbs or a good small bunny,a Dwarf/Holland lop at 2.5kgs/5.5lbs optimal.. Please do not purchase a chum for her that's not perfect comparable species,its doubtlessly risky. sturdy success! xxx

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

how old are u? how much time will you have with it? r u in school? will the animal be left alone for periods of time??

bunnys, guinie pigs, are lot of work and cleaning frequently...

birds and fish are waaaayayyy easier...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Rabbit.I have 2 there really entertaning.You can buy a hutch or keep a hous rabbit.Hope my information helps

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A cat is a good pet. This is just a suggestion.

• 1 decade ago

fish are cool to watch, and its fun when they have babies, i suggest, swordtails, mollies guppies or platies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.