when you and an ex break up.... dont you aslo break up with each others family's?

ME and my ex dated for about 5 months an we both are very family oriented. We broke up almost a year ago now but I recently found out he has been calling my younger 18 year old brother wanting to hang out.... He invites him to parties and over to his house... He even went as far as to go to my moms house to "see if my brother was home" okay he has a cell .... call it... Am I being selfish? I mean they weren't fiends before me and the only reason he started talking to by brother in the first place was to try and get information about if he should try to date me.... Oh and he is the one who dumped me! am I being selfish? I mean I leave his family alone and I positivly loved them!

• mr b
    Favorite Answer

you are being childish....just because you are hrt that he dumoed you, doesnt mean that he can have a "friendly" relationship with your brother... so seeing him again and again is a problem for you. you have to deal with your issues and hopefully get over it someday.....breaking up with you doesnt mean that he has to ignore your family.

OMG! I am going through the EXACT same thing. The crazy thing about it is that I am cool with his ex. It seems as though we swapped partners and made them our good friends. He hangs out with my ex as much as I hang out with his. We have butted heads a few times, but we had to agree to either put up with it or let them go. He doesn't talk to her and I don't talk to my ex so it works out. If it really bothers you about your brother and ex being friends then the only way to make your brother see it is to be cool with one of his exes until he gets the picture.

Out of respect to you your brother should cool it with your ex

for adults, it depends on how close to the family one was. for younger people, it varies. sounds like he missed your family, let it go, did he tell you to leave his family alone? if not, then why did you

maybe it's your brother he WANTS, in the first place, not YOU... let them be... if it annoys you, you can talk to your bro about what you feel. and let's see what he'll say to you...

its done