Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

guild wars?

well theres alot of questions do i have the system requirements? i had the requirements for tmnt but it did not work it would not load idk why and star wars:best of pc some of them just keep freezeing like heck and that makes me mad will guild wars work? i don't want to waste 35 us dollers like i wasted 5 on tmnt and a nother question how is guild wars is it like runescape? i want to quit rs for guild wars but i am afrad of it not working and i am just the kid someone else older then me instales stuff =p the one with the most DETAILED nicest answer gets best answer :) THANK YOU ALL FOR ANSWERING THIS QUESTION!!!

i found thisRecommended System Specs:

Windows XP/2000/ME/98

Intel Pentium III 1GHz or equivalent

512 MB RAM

CD-ROM Drive

2 GB Available HDD Space

ATI Radeon 9000 or GeForce 4 Ti Series Video Card with 64MB of VRAM

16-bit Sound Card

Internet connection

Keyboard and mouse okay what is seres video card with 64mb vram?!

Favorite Answer

First guild wars is nothing like RuneScape, Guild Wars is made with some scripting thing that I don't know about, Runescape is made with Java. To check your computer specs, you go to the control panel and click on System. Oh and also if you do buy it and it doesn't work, then make sure all your settings are on low or something like that. Have it on the lowest setting possible, you may not be able to see textures/shaders/terrain etc etc but the game will still work. Oh and always make sure your computer has above 15GB memory left, if not then you will have to uninstall some games. Think about the settings as low detail on RuneScape. I play RS, I just can't find any other mmorpg that suits me right. Oh Guild Wars is played on the internet, with other people, and also don't get Guild Wars get Halo or Halo 2 or just keep playing RuneScape. You might need a new computer if the low settings don't work, I recomend AlienWare. A little pricey but worth the money. Oh, most XP computers should be able to run that.

o.k as long as you meet those system requirements you should be o.k. but it really depends on the system as to how well it will run, your Internet connection, processor, and ram in particular in particular. I play Guild Wars and I have I 100 mps Internet connection, a AMD 64 processor and 1 gig ram, and it runs fine it has some lag every now and again but nothing to drive me crazy of course I also have the graphics bumped up to max to. So if you don't know your sys. specs. find someone who can tell you. But all in all no can really tell you until you know. Those sys. reqs. is the bare minimum and Guild wars will not run with out it. No matter how low you put the graphics out put.

P.S. If you do have the req. specs to run Guild Wars just load it up go to options and then graphics and hit auto-detect it will automatically set it up for optimum performance.

The only problem you'll find with GW is the mass of updates that you'll have to install.