promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My friend loves the names Kamryn, Kylie and Karson for girls?

but they are all taken in her family, are there any names that sound good and similar to those three as girl names?

They have Cameron, Kylie and Carson..along with Cassidee, Kennedy, Korri and Kelly

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Tell her to break the K/C sound chain!! It can get really confusing (especially as grandparents or great-grandparents get older and their memory isn't as sharp as it used to be), and your friends' kids will just blend right into the crowd. Encourage her to pick some unique NON K/C names. Be a trend-setter!

Take it from me, my sister and I are Jessica and Jennifer, by far, NOT complicated, but people have been confusing our names for years and it sucks. I hate being called by my sister's name and she hates being called by mine. I can't imagine having more J names in the family.

In one of my friends' family; there is Joe, John, Jake, Josh, and Joey, and it's easy for anyone to get tongue-tied, especially when me and my sister are there to add Jess and Jen to the mix.

Rhyming names for kids are NOT cool.

How old are Cameron, Kylie, Carson, Cassidee, and all the rest? If they are at least in their teens, ask them how it feels to get called by the wrong name because it probably happens a lot. I'm sure they'll tell you that they wish their name was more unique. In themselves, every one of those names is unique and beautiful, but when you read them all aloud altogether, they just run together in a big blur.

It's cute when they're little, but as they get older, it gets frustrating for them. I can't tell you how many times I've just wanted to get my name tattooed on my forehead.

I'm sure your friend can find some kind of baby name book at the public library. Tell him/her to borrow it for free and flip through it. He/she is guaranteed to find HUNDREDS of names they like.

Here is a good baby name book online. They have 104 new and used starting at a penny. It might make a good gift. Especially for a baby shower or something.

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Baby-Name-Book-Ever...

Good luck!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

at the start, congrats! I quite have a son who became born March twentieth :) 2nd, Kamryn is an wonderful call! techniques: Kamryn Violet Kamryn Sophia Kamryn Olivia Kamryn Juliana Kamryn Paige Kamryn Jolie Kamryn Elise Kamryn Sage

• 1 decade ago

How about Bronwyn, Bailey, Landon, Peyton, Riley, or Tatum?

I would also advise against keeping the C/K thing going. Let the next child be an individual!

• 1 decade ago

Is there some sort of rule that they all have to start with the same sound? I'd suggest branching out to a different initial sound, for one thing.

How about Maren? (MAR in) Similar in a way to Kamryn, but distinctive enough to set her girl apart. Chelsea? Still starting with the C but a different sound. Karlyn?

I once knew a girl named Carlice (pronounced car-LEES) which I thought was a kind of pretty and less common name.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I hate that name Kennedy! And Karson is like Carson which is more like a boy name.

• 1 decade ago

here are some.. they could be spelled with a c instead...

kayla kalee kambree kambria

kadence kelsey kaysha keisha keira kiara

kylin kandace karidee karmindy karly

korynne koreen koleen kayleen kearsey

kami kaylani kateriss kandryn kandy kinley

kinsley kamille keagan kaigan kiana kyra

kamdyn kyleen kyla kyle kassie kacey kasha kika

kamreen kylia kya kara karidan karolin kari

kalia kimora kimberly kimbree kamber kingsley

kirsten kierstan kieran keenan kyanne kobie kolby

kolinn

• Gram
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I love the names with all the same letters. How about Kara, Kristen, Kim Kacey Kari.

• 1 decade ago

Kylah and Camdee. Karsten, but I like that better for a boy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like Cassidee, or Casidy. Cameron, Carson all sound like boys names to me

• 1 decade ago

Kensington

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.