Is Platinum Protection, (home security), a legitimate company? If so, why do they use “hard” sale tactics?

When I got home from work tonight, my family was being given a high pressure sales pitch from a Platinum Protection guy. The salesman was in his early 20's and said he was from Idaho and was just visiting our area to sale this wonderful home security system. If we display THEIR sign in our front yard for... show more When I got home from work tonight, my family was being given a high pressure sales pitch from a Platinum Protection guy.

The salesman was in his early 20's and said he was from Idaho and was just visiting our area to sale this wonderful home security system. If we display THEIR sign in our front yard for 3 years then EVERYTHING would be free, well except for the fee of ONLY $1.42 per day. He claimed that "Our Company doesn't even want to charge for the service, but the State makes us."

I listened for a few minutes, and was disgusted with his sales spiel. I told him that we weren’t interested and that he needed to leave my home. He ignored me and kept talking to my wife.

I again told him to leave my home. He then brought out his purchase order and said if my wife would just sign we could have the system installed tonight.

I told the jerk, you can leave some information with us, but we will need to consider this for a few days. He was appalled, --cont.
Update: and insisted we had to sign tonight. I told him No. Now get out of my house. He again turned to my wife, asking her to sign. At this point, I said to him, Do I call the Police or pull out my shotgun to get you to leave? He left. I'm still fuming over his refusal to leave my home when told to. So, does... show more and insisted we had to sign tonight. I told him No. Now get out of my house. He again turned to my wife, asking her to sign.

At this point, I said to him, Do I call the Police or pull out my shotgun to get you to leave? He left. I'm still fuming over his refusal to leave my home when told to.

So, does anyone know if Platinum Protection is a legitimate company?

After my experience, I won't deal with them. That high pressure makes me think they are not legimate.

Anyone know about this company or dealt with them?

10 Points to the one who can give me information on this particular company!!