Do ethiopians consider themselves Black?

Ok im not Ethiopian, Im eritrean (pretty much same thing) we are all Habesha. I get seriously offended how some Ethiopians act as if they arent black, like t hey are some arab or their own race. Seriously get over yourself, some of us are dark as hell, some of us dont have the long hair, some of us have small lips, some not so small, we are black, we just tend to have softer features. Its like some whites are naturally tanner, some whites have natural extremely curly hair,some dont, whites in Ireland look different than Italians and Italians look diff from swedes but t hey are all white. Nigerians look different from Kenyans and Kenyans look different from Ethios but we are all African and we are all BLACK. Stop trying to say we are semitic, arabic, we are not, dont forget that Amharic is not the only africa semitic language, Comorian, and swahili and both semetic (they are dirived fromarabic) but their speakers and *******. PPls what race do u consdier Ethiopians/Habeshas?????????????

and o yea, most african americans are usually the same skin tone as ethiopians, its just that we tend to have longer hair. Our skin is the same.

Favorite Answer

I understand your question...I vacationned in Ethiopia a few years back and Indeed they would rather be refered to as ethiopian than black...I am no instigator but I found ethiopian men to be bigots. And I am a West african and know for a fact that they dont consider themselves black...

Besides all that I found the Ethiopian women kind, generous and beautiful....I have no problem with them....

i think of what Helaine g is asserting is "as quickly as up on a time centuries in the past their replaced into an empty land and the place no person lived in it, an Semite individual chanced on the placement and extra his/her human beings to the land and that they called it Ethiopia. and because Ethiopia is in order that sunny they have been given tanned and now they have black epidermis yet while the solar cease shining its going to circulate lower back to their unique culour" female get your tale top, conversing approximately how Ethiopians are Semites, like all of us have been extra from their and prefer their replaced into no person living in Ethiopia real you the place no longer born their in case you the place you have got extra considering approximately your roots. my question to you is why do you reside in US because of fact maximum Ethiopians who say that stay in Israel or Arab. by ability of the form you're a million in a million yet i'm able to even say the reason you're actually not even a appropriate Ethiopian you slot in the 2nd hand type, and likewise in case you assert Daniels' pal have been Americanized what are then you? Semites? lol

Im Ethiopian. Most Ethiopians I know and grew up with here in the US and in Ethiopia are aware that we are Black. I consider myself Black and so do my Arab looking relatives (Arabs always approach them speaking arabic). I have never heard an Ethiopian person say that they or we are Arabs however I have heard that we do have some Arab ancestory. The reasons I believe some of us just say we are Ethiopian is because in the United States Black is considered African American- since its the dominant Black culture -and they are proud of their heritage and want it acknowledged. The funny thing is I have heard an AA state that africans in america are not Black since Black is in reference to the descendents of West African slaves brought to the US (she made this statement in regard to why americans should not consider Obama a Black man). As to your last ? Ethiopians are a diverse group of Black people . Some us look like what most Americans expect "Black" people to look like, some of us coud pass for Arab, some of us could pass for Indian (half the time people think im Indian or biracial), some of us look biracial (Black/Arab, Black/white, Black/hispanic) and a few of us even look straight up White.

• Mintee

well I have seen a few of different races of all countries.. Im sure there are pure blood ethiopians who are so white, they are blue white...

I live in SaudiArabia.. everyone just assumes we are all dark skinned..

not the case.. we are a country with mixed races just like USA is... we have white blond haired blue eyed Saudi's, all the color scale up to so dark, they are black, black dark.. .. So by just saying your nationality, doesnt say your race..

If Ethiopians prefer to identify themselves as Ethiopians because that is their homeland, that's just fine. It's a wonderful thing to know your history and in turn, have a clear understanding of who you are. Based on my research, I believe that some Ethopians are descendants of Solomon, the son of King David. How's that for a wrench? Whoever they are or claim to be, they are truly a physically beautiful people, and they carry themselves with grace and dignity. Some of the commentors indicated that Ethopians may possibly be mixed with other races, like Arabs and/or Europeans. So who isn't. Well, what I mean is Black Americans are also mixed race people. Whether the world chooses to accept it or not, the majority of Black Americans are mixed with European or Indian (native) blood. If that's not good enough, we can take it all the way back to the beginning and discover that we are ALL Africans.

Ethiopians are black, but for Ethiopian Muslims, it makes sense that they identify with Islamic culture. Even though they are not ethnically Arabs, Islam is an extremely influential force in Arab culture, so devout Muslims that are not Arabs may still have more in common CULTURALLY and SPIRITUALLY than they do with other black people.

Also, if you are in America, there is a very big difference between African-Americans and African-Africans. Some Africans may not like the African-American culture or they want to hold onto their own cultural heritage. People who do this may SEEM to be disassociating themselves from black people, but in reality, African-American culture may be difficult for them to relate to.

Also, Africans in America with a strong Muslim foundation are not always accepted in America (well, Muslims in general are not always accepted in America).

I have met Africans in America from Nigeria and Senegal and they did not isolate themselves or feel superior however, they did have strong pride in their heritage and culture, so they stood out among other African-Americans...

What's up with this obsession over what WE think of OURSELVES?????Y do u care so much about what color we r??it's our business.......and it doesn't really matter!!!

I consider myself black and I'm an Ethiopian.....

but a lot of pple in Ethiopia don't consider themselves black and that's OK and they have proof for it talk 2 them and maybe u'll believe it too!!

so don't ask these questions about us when it doesn't concern u!!!

I didn't mean to b rude if I sounded like it!!

Source(s): proud 2 b an Ethiopian!

I'm ethiopian, and i think of myself as African. but i do think and have heard that we are mixed with some other cultures, and i believe that. your examples of whites are right, but i think i'm pretty sure that we aren't just black.

but it is dumb how habeshas don't condiser themselves african...we are.

• What you people don't seem to get is we would rather be labled ETHIOPIAN than BLACK. Who cares what you think we are? Why can't you just drop it? If you want to consider yourselves as just another COLOUR go ahead! But we are ETHIOPIANS. We have a country and we call ourselves the SONS and DAUGHTERS of ETHIOPIA. So get over it ! If you want to be black, red, pink or blue ...so be it! But we are ETHIOPIANS !!!!

GET OVER IT !

Cheers !

Do Poles consider themselves to be white? Germans? French? Sorry, I don:t understand your question at all.