Is A Kel Tec PLR-16 Pistol Legal to purchase in California?

6 Answers

  • John T
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You cannot own the PLR-26 or any other Kel Tec pistol in California at this time. They are not on the California DOJ Approved Handgun List. There is more than one reason it is not, and will not be on that list (until they change the laws); but it is not. From a cursory look at the Kel Tec website it appears to fit the California definition of an assault weapon, and due to the factory configuration cannot be sold in California. (AG Lockyear determined that it was the factory configuration that counts, not any modifications that can or have been performed, I don't know if AG Brown is still enforcing this rule.) Check out the California DOJ website for weapons that can legally be sold in California by dealers. Private party sales are fine as long as other laws/rules are not violated. And by the way, you cannot get a permit for high capacity magazines in California. Dealers can get a license to deal in high capacity magazines, but private citizens cannot buy, sell, trade, give, loan, import, etc. high capacity magazines in California.

    Source(s): The list of California certified handguns website:
  • JD
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    NO...Absolutely not. It is against the law to buy,or even posess a Kel-Tec PLR-16 in the State of California

    Source(s): Gunsmith/ Gun Shop Owner/Appraiser/Collector NRA Life Member 29+ years firearms experience
  • 4 years ago

    Odds are you'll never end up in a gunfight, and if you're in the middle of a zombie attack, press the power button on the remote control. Can't wait for Christmas break to be over, so all the kids can go back to school. @Frank, definitely. I mean, if they really want to worry about the Zombie Apocalypse, they can just wait for Election Day next year, and walk around at some of the polls in predominantly liberal areas. That's going to be about as zombified as anything they'll see in real life. Instead of "braaaaaains," though, they'll hear "Obaaaamaaaaaaaaaaaa."

  • Matt
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Yes, you just have to have the permit for a Hi-Cap magazine. It's really no different than an AR style. As far as getting it here in Cali. I'm not sure if anyone carries it. This state sucks.

    Source(s): California gun owner
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    im not 100 % sure but i think it is just you cant have high cap mags call kell tec or thier web sihgt or a local dealer to find out keltec is located just a few miles from my home thier products are ok im a styer and beretta man my self but $$$$$ have made so guns look better as of lately

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    no you are not allowed too own any kind of firearm in the people,s republic of kaaforna only the Rich and famous are allowed too own weapon,s in your state or there bodyguard,s \\ beside,s that why buy a pos gun like that get something that,s at least steel not plastic wounder gun

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.