la fea asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Yiddish -- definition & correct spelling of "fakakta"?

What's the correct spelling of this word? And how would you define it? examples of usage would be especially appreciated.

thx!

Update:

can anyone give an example or two of it used in a sentence?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

farkakt far∙kakt' (adj.) פֿאַרקאַקט

use with discretion as the English words--dirty, shitty, full of crap, or screwed-up. Some Yiddish dialects pronounce fa-kakt--no r, or fakakte. I hope it helps.

• 3 years ago

Yiddish Definition

• 3 years ago

Define Yiddish

• 4 years ago

The question is: How is this Yiddish word pronounced? The ANSWER to this question is: Learn how to read Yiddish! The first letter is a "phay" which is roughly 'f'. Then you have a vowel and a "raish", which is roughly 'r'. See where I'm going? It's make no sense to ask this question! Think of the last letter of Johann Sebastian Bach: The last letter is the sound of throat-clearing. What letter is that in English? What a dumb discussion!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wize woman has it right.

I've also seen "farkakte," but I don't really speak Yiddish, I just understand some from knowing German. It's a pretty offensive word, so be careful when and where and with whom you use it.

• 1 decade ago

Hi! Actually, the word is "verkakte" and means "crappy" in Yiddish. The best use of it I know of was in The Blues Brothers:

"What are you guys gonna do? The same act? Wearing the same verkakte suits?" Maurie Sline

• James1 year agoReport

It was also used in Smokey and the Bandit when Sally Field says something like "driving around in this verkakte car"

• Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/HPEqi

It was once I met Guido, Wonder, and Cel's Beaver....

• 1 decade ago

Preciso fazer um tratamento no complexo de Biopolis em CINGAPURA.

Alguem pode me ajudar?

• 3 years ago

judge judy uses it regularly - Ferkakta ...

• 4 years ago

fakakta

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.