stacy m asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Pit bulls laws in Colorado and where there banned?

I am sapposed to be moving there and I have 4 pits that i dont want to give up, Can anyone help!!! I understand there banned in Denver County but does anyone know where they might be allowed or where i can get Info?

Favorite Answer

Colorado laws are unjust and brought about by hysteria, not facts. Screw Colorado. If you give up your dogs, you should be ashamed. I'd find somewhere else to live. Good Luck, and KEEP THE DOGS!

Isn't it amazing that they ban a breed of dogs, but remain a sanctuary state for criminal illegal aliens. Who causes more problems?

Source(s): Pit Bull owner.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): pit bulls laws colorado banned: https://shortly.im/h9Zh7
  • coomer

Colorado Pitbull Laws

There are bull breed bans all across the US. Personally, if I had one of those breeds I would not knowingly move to an area that has banned them. The main reason is that it gives the law the right to confiscate my dog(s) and to euthanize them just because they have made them illegal.

I don't have the answers but I believe the attacks on humans that are so often fatal are often dogs of the bull breeds and mixes and we do need to do something. How do we make owners be responsible owners? How do we stop the irresponsible breeding with no thought given to temperament of both parents and close relatives? How do we end the 'back yard breeding' so that people will make certain their dogs are healthy, vaccinated, temperment tested, genetically sound?

These laws have forced people to make choices, to live there without their dogs or to live elsewhere where their dogs are allowed. I feel bad for those that must remain because their livelihood is there and they are forced to give up their beloved companion/pet.

Source(s): Just do a search on Pit Bull bans on Google.
  • Lisa

Colorado Springs.

Source(s): Colorado Cities with pit bull restrictions: • Denver: Total ban. • Aurora: Banned, but dogs registered with the city before Jan. 31, 2006, were grandfathered in. Owners must be at least 21, have their dogs spayed or neutered, have $100,000 in liability insurance and place signs near their front doors to alert visitors they have a pit bull. • La Junta: Banned, but with provisions similar to Aurora's. • Commerce City: Limits ownership.

Hi I'm moving to Colorado and wondered Stacy if you have moved there and how your Pits were accepted and what part of Colorado?

I am with the person who said to make headlines by taking my dogs in.

How can they legally ban a certain breed?

As to the person who said a dog got shot while in a cage in the van,I would have to see that case history to believe it.

If it is in fact true I'd be getting a lawyer and suing the pants off someone.

I own 2 staffies.

I,too,am a senior citizen.LOL

• Tammy

There is no sense to BSL. None. It is because the APBT is what it is that make people fear them. They are the strongest dog pound for pound. They do have a killing bite because of the way they bite. Which is to grab and hold. They can be aggressive if trained that way. Almost any dog so matter what the size, is capable of biting. And the larger the breed, the more severe the damage. So, while all of those people out there disrespect one of the most regal dogs in this world, I will continue to fight for them and to love them. They are Gladiators. They are Warriors. They are Lovers. They are Loyal. They are one of the most brilliant breeds I know. I love my Pit.

My 17 lb cat was just eaten alive yesterday by two pit bull mix dogs. He was laying in the shade in the driveway next to the house, minding his own business in his own yard when two pit bull mix dogs from about a mile away grabbed him and inflicted horrid damage, causing him to be euthanized. They broke all his ribs, snapped his shinbone right through his skin, bit up his throat, horribly mauled his belly innards between his legs, and bit him all over. He fought so hard for his life that he broke off many teeth (including canines) and pulled out multiple claws, but he also managed to pull one of the dog's collars off to pinpoint his killers. My cat was a bloody, guts covered mess. When my friend broke up the attack, one dog STILL went to go after my cat. They had to be frightened away to leave his lifeless body alone. When brought to the vet, they said he had so many horrific wounds that they couldn't fix them all and he had to be euthanized to end his suffering. The animal control lady gave the owners a citation for roaming and a citation for being a nuisance. They also have to pay my vet bills. How do you justify these two dogs' existence on earth, when they ate an innocent animal alive? Who or what will they attack next? If tooth removing bites and claw removing flesh wounds didn't stop them, what will next time? Certainly not another cat, or even a child. I'm trying very hard to decide how to react to the owners' stupidity and the dogs' unbelievably vicious attack on an innocent animal in its own yard. I'm in utter shock that eating another innocent animal alive in my town gives the dogs a free pass. Any suggestions or comments to help me decide what to do? Thank you. Oh- for any non-believers- the animal control lady's report should be available shortly through the town of Tolland, CT.

• gurt5 years agoReport

Its irresponsible owners. They or any dog can do the same. Very sorry about your cat. I lost a couple from a neighbors dogs, lab mixes.

I knew a man who was going thur Denver with his pit bull which was in a cage in the back of his van. His van broke down a policeman stop to help him saw his dog and shot and killed it, remenber it was in a cage. Thye Judge ruled the policeman was in the right. Watch out if go go near Denver

TENNESSEE but don't let your dogs run lose cause your neighbors gots one to. And that's the state that fights them the most and your dogs will lie died. I know lived there 18 years and my X friends use to make a mint on doing so. There are billions of PIT BULLS in that state.

Source(s): There so common in this state my Grandmother even owns one (LOL).