what is the name of the most powerful nuclear weapon on earth?

Favorite Answer

The biggest nuke ever made was the Tsar Bomba dropped by the Soviet Union (50M). Apparently it could have been scaled up to 100M. By the late 60s, it was deactivated and considered insane to have such a big yield on a nuke. The current strategic nukes are in the 500 kiloton range.

• Jon

Tsar Bomba device: 50 Mt — USSR, most powerful explosive device ever, mass of 27 short tons (24 metric tons), in its "full" form (i.e. with a depleted uranium tamper instead of one made of lead) it would have been 100 Mt.

EC17/Mk-17, the EC24/Mk-24, and the B41 (Mk-41) (most powerful US weapons ever: 25 Mt; the Mk-17 was also the largest by size and mass: ca. 20 tons; the Mk-41 had a mass of 4800 kg; gravity bombs carried by B-36 bomber (retired by 1957).

The 50 megaton, Tsar Bomba!

As per my knowledge it is Tsar Bomba.It is the biggest and most powerful thermo nuclear bomb ever made.The detonation occurred 4km above the ground producing a yield of 50Mt

The Soviet Union tested an 80 megaton nuclear device. I do not know if they have another such weapon.

An Anti Matter Bomb. it a perfect conversion of Matter and Antimatter to energy. (It is real. Look up CERN Laboratories.)

Although it would take about 30 million years to make a 1 ounce bomb so it isn't really feasible

The runner up is the Hydrogen Bomb... So far. I think 65 Megatons is about the biggest in service. Called the Trident If I remember right.

Bob. Sorry, couldn't resist.

No one knows for sure....

Every time someone comes near it, the only name they use is "Whoa, dude!"

g-day!

Source(s): My brain....

My guns! **Kisses Biceps**

Tsar bomb.