Cleaning ears with Q tips?

i have to clean my ears like 2 times a day with q tips and my one ear always feels clogged. I have had a few doctors look in there and they say they dont see anything wrong. what do u think is going on

??

Favorite Answer

I think you need to go see a doctor that specializes in allergies. It sounds odd, but that happened to me before and they pulled out a ball of wax the size of a raisin. Sounds gross, but when you have allergies, you develop lots of ear wax. Regular doctors won't check to that extent.

I have a suggestion that may clear your ear up, even though I dont know what your problem is. You should go to a local salon that has something called "ear candling" and its like this hollow candle made of muslin, and they stick one end of it in your ear and light the other end of it, and it creates a suction from the smoke inside the hollow candle stick...and it draws out all the wax from your ear....afterwards you feel competely different, makes your head feel a little lighter and it is pain free. It costed me like $20 for both ears.

Ear Candling can do the following:

relieve sinus pressure and pain

cleanse the ear canal

improve hearing

assist lymphatic circulation

regulate pressure

relieve pain and fever associated with a ruptured eardrum

cure swimmer's ear and other ear infections

relieve earaches

act as an alternative to "tubes put in your ears"

sharpen the senses of smell, taste, and color perception

stop tinnitus (ringing in the ears)

help TMJ pain and stiffness

relieve vertigo

fortify the central nervous system

act as an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, or antibiotic

cure Meniere's syndrome

aid sinusitis

release blocked energy

cure auricular zona (a herpes zoster infection of the ear)

Visit http://www.earcandling.com/ for more information, and NO I am not affiliated with this site in any way...its just a site that I found that may be helpful if you are unsure about ear candling.

are your sinuses messed up? Sometimes when you have sinus issues, your ears feel clogged. It could also be water. You could have punctured your eardrum when you cleaned your ears too but you said doctors don't see anything. Dont push with the q-tip. See if it clears up if you dont use a q-tip in that ear for a few days.

You know... I have the same problem that resulted from Scarlet Fever when I was little. I sometimes wake up and one of my ears is completely plugged up. Have you had S.F.? Are you a swimmer? Try to flush your ear out with over-the-counter solution you can get at Rite Aid or any other drug store.

SWEETIE, NEVER USE A Q-TIP IN YOUR EAR. YOU ARE FORCING MORE WAX TO STICK TO YOUR EAR SURFACES AND WALLS. YOU RISK DOING DAMAGE TO YOUR EAR DRUM. THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN YOUR EARS WOULD BE TO ADD AN EQUAL SOLUTION OF PEROXIDE AND ALCOHOL TOGETHER. POUR IN YOUR EAR CANAL, LET SIT FOR A MINUTE, DRAIN AND DO THE OTHER EAR. DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS TO QUICK. MAKE SURE YOUR SINUS ARE NOT SWOLLEN, LYMPH NODES ARE NOT SWOLLEN, OR THE ONSET OF A TOOTHACHE, BODY WEIGHT CHANGE, OR AIR FLIGHT INBALANCE. OPEN YOUR EAR CANAL BY YAWNING. SEE IF IT OPENS THAT WAY OR SCHEDULE AN APPT WITH AN AUDIO DR.

You might have an ear infection or it could just be some fluke that comes and goes i have days were my ear kills but when i wake up its completly gone!

your probally cleaning your ear's to much, or you got water in your ear's from when you take a shower, or it's probally your wisdom tooth is crocked and you need to get it pulled

• less

Sinus problems

you could have water in your ears, an ear infection, or you could just have really waxy ears.

cotton ball or q-tip its all the same! i say you should just use the one that makes you comfortable!