Why are white people always criticized as racists??

I'm white and I live in a very multi-cultural part of Canada. I hear Asian, South East Asian, and Black students defining almost everything by race. They say the worst things you can imagine about other races or cultures including white people and so called "Canadian" culture. I never hear any of my white friends say anything remotely racist or disrespectful so what gives? If you look around the world the most tolerant and accepting societies anywhere are the ones that historically are pedominantly white. It's easy to say that North American's had the slave trade...but that still goes on in Africa and parts of Asia today...You could say that we've marginalized native people too but that seems at this point more bad policy than racism...My point is there seems to be tremendous racism around today, much of it expressed toward white people and no one names it that??? Do you have to be white to be gulity of racism??

Favorite Answer

I have noticed the same thing. A person of color can use a racial slur and it seems to be OK but let a White or caucasion person say the same thing and WE are racists. I can remember a time when trying to describe a person that had left a message for some one and when I used the work Black I was accused of being racists. I was only trying to explain who left the message.

Because you guys were the first people to make racism such an accepted thing. It's like something that follows blacks. We will always seem like stupid, idiotic, people, that are rejected from society, no matter what we do. There are still whites who are racist and American media still puts down blacks, so that stigma remains. The bad policies that you mentioned could be deeply rooted in the racism. Who knows? These days you can do **** to other minorities and make it seem like it was a normal crime. It's just so easy to put it on whites and that's why black people, mostly, do it. The best thing you could do is continue to accept the multicultural society and continue to treat all humans, no matter what color, human beings.

I live in Canada and I have never witnessed what you are stating. What part of Canada do you live? Maybe its the friends that you are keeping. And honestly its usually whites that are the guilty ones sorry to say after all we are the majority. They are the minority. So it has to be alot harder on them. I hear white people being racist all the time and I have black friends and I do not hear it from them. I am always dealing with different cultures and have never heard any asian people being racists against whites. In fact they are very respectful people as a whole and rarely hear anything derogatory against anything or anyone. If the minorities define everything by race perhaps they are doing so because we as whites have done this to them.

Wow you're fairly the racist are not you. i'm white I consume watermelon, fried poultry and that i hate eggs and that i drink faucet water. so far as chinese language eating animals, what animals could that be? Huh do no longer desire to show your speaking approximately Kitty Cat's, properly for the main section that has been blown out of share purely very undesirable villages ceremonial dinner on cat's and that i do no longer even think of they try this anymore and no i could't munch on fluffy yet having reported that if i grow to be undesirable who knows. for sure your Asian and that i'm sorry that some fool mouthed off on you. I determine you have had a undesirable day so i visit ignore your ignorant and misinformed lil rant. wish the next day is a extra perfect day for you.

It is a standing stereotype. The reality of it is that there are just as many, if not more, minority group members that are racist. In fact, here in the US, Caucasian people are now the population minority, though we get none of the benefits of being a minority. Significantly over 50% of the US population is non-caucasian yet Caucasians are treated as the majority still. It really makes no sense whatsoever. Racism is just an avenue for people to vent their inner feelings, whatever they may be. It should not be that way, but it unfortunately is.

God...how can anyone say other race are more racist than whites. Whites invented racism. This whole institution is based on racism favoring whites. It has only been one generation since the civil rights movement and whites seemed to think it is long gone and there is no effect on blacks.

History affects us for generations. We are still telling stories that happened 2000 years ago.

Apartheid ended only 15 years ago in South Africa. American movies, TVS, the whole media always dehumanized non-whites to the extent that I am disgusted by white people stereotyping me, putting me down, calling me names. Non-whites are seens as tools and props for the amusement of white audiences.

Try putting yourself in other people's shoes. White people are experienced a tiny drop of racism, where non-whites are forced to stand up to a constant tide and reminder of where they are in respect to this society.

So for crying out loud....your suffering is minuscule comparing blacks, asian, southeast asian. Funny, because all the race you mentioned, within the last 100 years, have been conlonized and suffered under the racist regime of white imperialism. They were dehumanized, mock, humiliate, and stripped of their diginity under the cruelty of the whites. White people deserved to feel the pain that they have caused.

Simple to answer: It's the left's paradigm. Who are generally more successful and have more money? White people. (BTW, the left's venom is more directed to white males, due to the feminist movement from the 60s.) How does the left try to take white people's money for their pet causes? By guilting white people with the "R" word. It's a classic paradigm and strategy of the left. They will paint with a broad brush with absurd statements like, "All the world's problems stem from imperialistic, homophobic, chauvinistic, racist white males." We white people are then expected to acquiesce, having been sufficiently guilted, when they want to tax us for their Socialist causes, for example, slavery reparations.

If you are having a debate with a leftist, and the leftist is losing based on his failed logic, he will invariable break off the debate while calling you a racist; racists are not worthy of the leftists' time to debate. Thus they never lose a debate in their minds.

I think this whole subject of racism varies from people to people, but every ethnic group has someone who's racist. I also know some people who blame whites of being racist, but actually, they're the ones being racist. But there are always going to be people like that, as I said before, in every ethnic group. You're always going to have the one discriminating against others because of their skin color and you're always going to have the one who feels like they're on the recieving end of those racist remarks.

One Day without the White Race!No White Doctors,Nurses,Police Officers.No Walmarts,G.E.s .No Whites to Donate Moneyto every other race on Earth.No Elvis,John Wayne and No Future!!!

Liberals play the race card because it works. Liberals accuse conservatives of racism, then people vote for liberals. The problem is the stupid people who vote for the liberals.